welding rig pictures

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pipeline Dan View Post
    Ohh you havent heard of Bank of Wicked Welding? He made so much money the last couple of months that he opened his own Bank, not enough time for low life welders like us!

Wicked, the wind blew so hard and cold yesterday it would have made you northern boys shiver!! It got to -4 here today which is nice when your trying to stretch a job out Wicked we need a picture of your rig

C wagner nice work, can you post a shot of the outside tool box doors, I am wanting to change my chk plate doors to a smooth finsh like you have but I couldnt see them very well in any of the shots, I am getting old.
    Dan , I can't my truck is way dirtier than yours!!! Minus 4 are you kidding that's tanning wheather! Friday morn it was-36 at 8 am and not a breath of wind really lousey when working outside.

Comment

Here's pictures of my rig. #3 picture is of my arm I use for pipelining, #4 picture is of my tool boxes pulled out from the truck which frees up alot of storage for extra fuel, chop saw, rod oven, 10 big pipestands and 6 little stands extra cable, hose etc etc. I also have storage in between the oxy bottles and welder, in there I keep different ground clamps, besse clamps, pin bars, grinder holders for pipe stands and a bunch of other nick nacks. The old boys told me I couldnt turn a short box into a welding truck well I did and it works fine for me!
      Attached Files
      Last edited by pipeline Dan; 03-08-2009, 08:12 PM.
      DODGE 1 TON 6.7
      PIPEPRO 304
      TO MANY TOOLS
      JUST WELDING IN CIRCLES
      rig welders are like wheelbarrows hard to push around
      and easily upset
      go flames go

Comment

Nice rig Dan. I honestly didn't think a guy could fit all that gear in a short box either, but you apparently make 'er work. I like how your tool boxes roll out like that, I had to look twice at that last pic
        I also really like the flag
        GO FLAMES GO!!!!!!!!!! Need to get back to the 'dome and start winning again ASAP!

Comment

Originally posted by Coalsmoke View Post
          Wellllllll, it seems we need someone to step up and break the ice, so I'll volunteer to show them off

First rig and then the second rig. Same truck between the two.
          hey coalsmoke. i heard my ol man talk about you from the turbo diesel site. we both have 1st generation dodges. im having problems with mine. the amp metre guage from one end to the other real fast when hot or cold. ive changed altenator and belt, inspected all wires and cant find nothing wrong. all the lites go real dim then brite as the gauge moves. any help or advice would be great. thank you. wade from prince george b.c.

Comment

Dan, real nice truck you have there. I like it and you managed to get it to work well together.

What do you guys feel it is that you like best about running your own rigs?

Hey Wade, say hi to your dad for me, good to run into another TD member. I'm not up on first gens at all, but I have a soft spot for them. Does this tend to happen when the air temp outside is below +10*C? Commonly the grid heaters will kick on and being that each one draws 80amps its normal for the charging gauge to take a nose dive and the lights to dim. If the air entering the intake is cold enough it will cycle the grid heaters on even with a warm engine. My 95 was the same way, and my '08 still does it, dives to about 9-10 volts on the gauge and if you are watching you can see the gauge cluster and headlights dim a bit too. Come summer time they never come on unless its a real cool morning.
            Coalsmoke's Website

Comment

Right on Dan! I've seen a few short boxes rigged out and it works good for them too. I like those stickers on your cabinets and where can a guy get some. And another DeWalt man, that's about all I run, right down to the impact gun I carry. And Stephan, what in the heck are you doing up at 3 in the morning???

Comment

Looks good Dan!

Yeah we run Dewalt here at the shop and they stand up pretty well. I picked up a couple of Makitas for my truck since I all ready had one so I figured I might as well keep them the same. They are comparable models but the Dewalts seem to have a little more juice.
                at home:
                2012 325 Trailblazer EFI with Excel power
                2007 302 Trailblazer with the Robin SOLD
                2008 Suitcase 12RC
                Spoolmatic 30A
                WC-24
                2009 Dynasty 200DX
                2000 XMT 304
                2008 Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 52
                Sold:MM130XP
                Sold:MM 251
                Sold:CST 280

at work:
                Invision 350MP
                Dynasty 350
                Millermatic 350P
                Retired:Shopmaster 300 with a HF-251

Comment

Originally posted by Cornerstone View Post
                  Right on Dan! I've seen a few short boxes rigged out and it works good for them too. I like those stickers on your cabinets and where can a guy get some. And another DeWalt man, that's about all I run, right down to the impact gun I carry. And Stephan, what in the heck are you doing up at 3 in the morning???
                  Quite honestly, looking over all the job boards, looking for big projects going in and sending out resumes to those companies, etc. I go to sleep when the eyes won't stay open anymore. Things are pretty tough out on the left coast at the moment. Some guys here are doing well, power to them, their niche or market is paying out. Others have already lost everything as our trades died down in Nov 08 and here its March already. I wish we had our lumber industry back. 5 years ago it was one of the most fundamental resources we had and now I'd be surprised if its even running at 10% of capacity.
                  Coalsmoke's Website

Comment

Here are a couple pictures.
                    http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/l...o/truck002.jpg
                    http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/l...o/truck001.jpg
                    http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/l...o/100_1223.jpg
                    http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/l...o/100_1221.jpg
                    Last edited by 1428turbo; 03-09-2009, 03:08 PM. Reason: more pictures
                    Miller Pipepro 304
                    Miller Bluestar 2E
                    Miller Syncrowave 250
                    Lincoln HD 175
                    Victor Jr. torch
                    Purox angle head torch
                    Smith torch
                    Atlas Lathe
                    Bridgeport mill

Comment

Originally posted by pipeline Dan View Post
                      Here's pictures of my rig. #3 picture is of my arm I use for pipelining, #4 picture is of my tool boxes pulled out from the truck which frees up alot of storage for extra fuel, chop saw, rod oven, 10 big pipestands and 6 little stands extra cable, hose etc etc. I also have storage in between the oxy bottles and welder, in there I keep different ground clamps, besse clamps, pin bars, grinder holders for pipe stands and a bunch of other nick nacks. The old boys told me I couldnt turn a short box into a welding truck well I did and it works fine for me!
                      Hey Ive seen a bop ring like that before!!! I definately won't be able to show you a picture of my truck due to the blizzard we're haveing.

Comment

Originally posted by lynx_welding View Post
                        Where the **** have you been hiding havent talked to you in a long time
                        Spent a year in waterton at the shell plant . Thought I saw you going in to Luigi's last feb. by the time I relized who it was I was already back at my room. What have you been up to?

Comment

I just got an interesting email from Jeb .... as you all probably know, he can't post here anymore. Well, he took the plunge!!! Got his HH125EZ, got himself fixed up with some tools and extension cords, and he's IN BUSINESS!!!! Even found a blue plastic Miller case to carry the welder and a few tools in.

He says, it's kind of surprising, how much work he's picked up in only two weeks. As you can see, he just finished a job here, he took this pic out at a jobsite, just a quick picture after packing up, ready to go to the next job. Everything fits very nicely in here, and he says there's room to spare for more tools. He sees no reason to get a huge gas-guzzling truck, and that HH125EZ is the cat's meow. "I'm having a blast, and this is the easiest money I've ever made" I think were his words.

Oh, yeah ... he wanted me to mention, for the guys that helped before, THANK YOU!! As far as the guys that were mean and didn't help ........

Jeb hopes to be able to come back here someday and help some of the other young guys and gals with advice and experience, just like he got from some members here.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Do they make air bags for Tauri?

Comment

Wicked: how does that song go i ve been every where man. rycroft to fort mac to edson to home and then pretty much local for 9 months or so the odd job away from home. id like to be gone alot more but no one is taking guys from down south here you should gimmie a call some time shoot the s h i t if you dont have my # just pm me and i'll give it to ya
                              your only as good as # 2 cuz no matter how good you are there is always someone better"
                              2006 DODGE Dualy Quad Cab
                              PIPELINE IS THICKER THAN BLOOD!!!
                              here is all the pictures of my rig www.cardomain.com/ride/2520047/1

Comment

Originally posted by 1428turbo View Post
                                Here are a couple pictures.
                                Nice touch on the reels, looks really trick.
                                at home:
                                2012 325 Trailblazer EFI with Excel power
                                2007 302 Trailblazer with the Robin SOLD
                                2008 Suitcase 12RC
                                Spoolmatic 30A
                                WC-24
                                2009 Dynasty 200DX
                                2000 XMT 304
                                2008 Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 52
                                Sold:MM130XP
                                Sold:MM 251
                                Sold:CST 280