welding rig pictures

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lynx_welding View Post
    Mr wagner long time no see/talk how ya been well as you can tell i havent' build that new skid or called you to build me one but i hopeing to do it soon (Probibly build my own) but i i might be calling you up of some mounts like the propane mount they look nice and whats this that you have a new style comeing out??? if you could id like to see any other pics of special mounts (made of alum.) that i might purches from you that are neat and handy

are you now or have been running a portable unit just in regards to your picture????
    Yeah I have a rig of sorts, I'll post some pics when I have time. I'm still full time at ACE, I just set the rig up to do some odds and ends around the city, nothing major. My wife is off on maternity leave so a few extra bucks a month is a good thing.

Yeah the new propane bottle holder is a little shorter in it's overall profile, saves you from having to lift the full bottle so high to get it in. We sell aluminum cabinets separate, they are fully outfitted with the drawer pack, grinder bar, beveler holder, and shelf, or you can substitute another shelf for the beveler holder or delete it all together. Everything in the cabinets is bolt in so you can remove or shuffle things around to your needs. If you just want a drawer pack we can build it to your size requirements. I'll try and get a few pictures of the inside of the cabinets posted.
    at home:
    2012 325 Trailblazer EFI with Excel power
    2007 302 Trailblazer with the Robin SOLD
    2008 Suitcase 12RC
    Spoolmatic 30A
    WC-24
    2009 Dynasty 200DX
    2000 XMT 304
    2008 Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 52
    Sold:MM130XP
    Sold:MM 251
    Sold:CST 280

at work:
    Invision 350MP
    Dynasty 350
    Millermatic 350P
    Retired:Shopmaster 300 with a HF-251

Comment

You too wronghand, looks like you have some massive boxes, all the better to help take the shop to the field!!!
      Thanks wagner. Working at the mine I have to be a mechanic and welder both, as most times I end up taking the equipment apart to get to the weld repair. So I needed enough space to carry impact guns, sockets, wrenches etc. on top of my welding gear. What I did was modify a "drop in" skid unit and put it on the back of the deck. It has enough room to carry rods, grinders, bevellers leaving my cabinets open for the machanic tools.
      Big Blue 400D
      Trailblazer 302
      Miller S-32 suitcase
      12VS suitcase
      Lincoln LN-7 (BIG suitcase)
      Victor torches
      Lincoln 350MP with 35' push-pull gun
      Lincoln PrecisionTIG 375
      Spectrum 1000 plasma cutter

Comment

That's a great idea and it sounds like it works well for you.
        at home:
        2008 Suitcase 12RC
        Spoolmatic 30A
        WC-24
        2009 Dynasty 200DX
        2000 XMT 304

at work:
        Invision 350MP
        Dynasty 350
        Millermatic 350P

Comment

Here are the pictures I promised.
          The first one shows the revised bottle holder.
          Next one shows the passenger side box with the bolt in shelf and beveler holder.
          The third one shows the extra shelf in place of the beveler holder, some customers use this for a microwave.
          Finally the drivers side box with the drawer pack/ shelf/ hidden tray and the grinder bar.
          Attached Files
          at home:
          2008 Suitcase 12RC
          Spoolmatic 30A
          WC-24
          2009 Dynasty 200DX
          2000 XMT 304

at work:
          Invision 350MP
          Dynasty 350
          Millermatic 350P

Comment

"How Sweet It Is"

Those are some NICE looking side boxes! You say it's all on a skid that slides in and out of the bed?

Dave
            "Bonne journe'e mes amis"

Comment

C wagner that's some very nice work.
              Coalsmoke's Website

Comment

Thanks guys.
                Yes Dave it's one unit, here are a couple more pics.
                The last one shows the optional jack system so you can remove the skid without a forklift or overhead crane.
                That was what I was talking about building for Lynx, we have a couple of skids out there with this option and each time we add it to another one we find ways to make it better. Unfortunately I don't have any better pictures of it handy but we do have a video of unloading and loading the skid on our website. www.acemfginc.com Just surf your way around the portable welding section and I'm sure you will find it.
                Attached Files
                at home:
                2008 Suitcase 12RC
                Spoolmatic 30A
                WC-24
                2009 Dynasty 200DX
                2000 XMT 304

at work:
                Invision 350MP
                Dynasty 350
                Millermatic 350P

Comment

Jeez thats some really nice work clay. Do you guys have your own brake and shear? And that propane bottle holder, is that rolled or cut from pipe? And what do you give the proud owners to keep that shine up?

Comment

Hahaha. The shine is THEIR problem!!!
                    Yes we have a 12tf and a 8 ft brake, a 10 ft shear, a cnc router table which is how we cut 95% of our aluminum parts. That's how we cut the propane tank holder and then we roll it and weld it. We have 8 aluminum welding bays (both tig and mig) and 2 dedicated steel bays. We also tig and mig stainless.
                    But enough about me!
                    at home:
                    2008 Suitcase 12RC
                    Spoolmatic 30A
                    WC-24
                    2009 Dynasty 200DX
                    2000 XMT 304

at work:
                    Invision 350MP
                    Dynasty 350
                    Millermatic 350P

Comment

Originally posted by lynx_welding View Post
                      Where the **** have you been hiding havent talked to you in a long time
                      Ohh you havent heard of Bank of Wicked Welding? He made so much money the last couple of months that he opened his own Bank, not enough time for low life welders like us!

Wicked, the wind blew so hard and cold yesterday it would have made you northern boys shiver!! It got to -4 here today which is nice when your trying to stretch a job out Wicked we need a picture of your rig

C wagner nice work, can you post a shot of the outside tool box doors, I am wanting to change my chk plate doors to a smooth finsh like you have but I couldnt see them very well in any of the shots, I am getting old.
                      Last edited by pipeline Dan; 03-06-2009, 05:23 PM.
                      DODGE 1 TON 6.7
                      PIPEPRO 304
                      TO MANY TOOLS
                      JUST WELDING IN CIRCLES
                      rig welders are like wheelbarrows hard to push around
                      and easily upset
                      go flames go

Comment

Originally posted by Cornerstone View Post
                        Give us more pics welderdude and what size of Miller are you carrying back there.
                        ill have to wait until monday to get some more pics since i dont get off work til after dark on the weekends, but its a 2008 TB 302
                        sigpic
                        Miller Trailblazer 302
                        Smith Torch Outfit
                        Lots of Grinders
                        Miller Elite Autodark Hood
                        O'l Trusty Jackson

Comment

Originally posted by c wagner View Post
                          Hahaha. The shine is THEIR problem!!!
                          Yes we have a 12tf and a 8 ft brake, a 10 ft shear, a cnc router table which is how we cut 95% of our aluminum parts. That's how we cut the propane tank holder and then we roll it and weld it. We have 8 aluminum welding bays (both tig and mig) and 2 dedicated steel bays. We also tig and mig stainless.
                          But enough about me!
                          I know a rig welder out of Saskatoon and when I mentioned ACE he said he'd never heard of you guys. It surprised me because I've seen one or two ACE units here in AB and he's yet to hear of you guys.You've been in business for awhile, right? What part of the city are you located?

Comment

Originally posted by pipeline Dan View Post
                            C wagner nice work, can you post a shot of the outside tool box doors, I am wanting to change my chk plate doors to a smooth finsh like you have but I couldnt see them very well in any of the shots, I am getting old.

Sure Dan.
                            Here is a decent one of the outside, they are so shiny it's tough to get one without glare. The guys really like the smooth doors for decals, that way when you buy a new truck you don't have to re-decal it.

These doors are what we call a "full door", meaning the door is the same dimension as the outside of the box and the box basically has a 360deg rain gutter that the seal attaches to. They have weld on aluminum bullet hinges that are greasable, they are also adjustable if you want the top of the door to seal tighter. On the welding skids we use an industrial adhesive to secure a door pan on the inside of the door for added strength. The benefits of using the adhesive is no weld "print through" so it makes for a perfectly smooth outer surface, especially important if you plan on polishing the doors.

The other style boxes we make are called "flush door" and as the name implies the face of the door is flush with the front of the box. It makes the opening smaller, is more likely to leak although still seals pretty well. You also have to use either strap hinges or piano hinges.

That's the lesson on doors today!
                            Attached Files
                            at home:
                            2008 Suitcase 12RC
                            Spoolmatic 30A
                            WC-24
                            2009 Dynasty 200DX
                            2000 XMT 304

at work:
                            Invision 350MP
                            Dynasty 350
                            Millermatic 350P

Comment

Yes we've been around for about 6 years I think. We have been making welding skids for almost 5 years now.
                              I've lost count for sure but we have built about 4 welding decks and 20 some skids, 80% of which are guys working in Alberta although 50% of those guys live in Saskatchewan. It's kinda funny how it works, one guy on a specific site at ... lets say Fort Mac buys a skid. Two weeks later 2 or 3 of his buddies have called for pricing and we usually end up building at least one of those.

To give credit where credit is due the idea was brought to us from a guy out of North Battleford. We took the idea and gave him more than he initially bargained for. A couple of weeks later his buddy ordered one and the rest is pretty much history. The first guy has 2 (he owns 3 trucks) the second guy is ordering a second with a few custom touches and 3 of the guys that have previously run one of the first few skids have bought their own once they started up their own business. It's pretty much been word of mouth until we put it on the website, in fact we have been talking with a few customers south of the border. One guy in particular is VERY serious about it.

I really enjoy talking with guys from all over the country, just like on this site!
                              at home:
                              2008 Suitcase 12RC
                              Spoolmatic 30A
                              WC-24
                              2009 Dynasty 200DX
                              2000 XMT 304

at work:
                              Invision 350MP
                              Dynasty 350
                              Millermatic 350P

Comment

Here's what i had before i got the trailer built. i know its not all the pics that i wanna get on here yet, but i havent had time this weekend. ill try to get some on monday if i can

Name:  6fe07835eb83922ce6c3acff2fba04bb.jpg
Views: 2
Size:  426.6 KB
                                sigpic
                                Miller Trailblazer 302
                                Smith Torch Outfit
                                Lots of Grinders
                                Miller Elite Autodark Hood
                                O'l Trusty Jackson

Comment

Working...
                                X