welding rig pictures

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dmk welding View Post
    I meant to say that Cornerstone's aluminum deck is awesome...sorry Coalsmoke, your rig is also nice as well, haha. Too bad that you sold it, eh. I was reading some of your views on your life as a rig welder on your web page the other day...very good stuff by the way. You're right that it's a tough job that demands alot at times, but it must be something in our blood that makes us stand beside our rigs with such pride. Not everyone understands that feeling out there.
    I can't wait till it gets busy again!!!
    Hahaha DMK, you're breaking my heart here, way to let a guy go!!!

No worries, I read it the way you meant to say it, my deck was utilitarian, nothing really shiny or awesome about it. What is that lincoln on the back of your truck, it looks like a predecessor to the Vantage? Thanks for the words about that article. It's from the heart. Being rigged up is still in me, but if I do it again I'll probably be starting at a shop that will allow me to work towards my pressure certs and move out of BC. Or maybe I'll find an old mid 90's Dodge dually with a Cummins and in my spare time build up a nice shiny deck like Bob has got us all lusting after and just do some general work here and there. I guess we'll have to see what the gov't throws down the pipeline in terms of new certification legislation, but unfortunately I have this sinking feeling that the 10,000 hours I have accumulated won't mean squat when the new rules come into play, and its not a gamble I want to take right now until I see how it all plays out.

Boy Dan, that sure is a dirty truck I got to buy Bob a power polisher and now you a pressure washer. You guys are high maintenance
    Coalsmoke's Website

Comment

Here is my rig. Its been un-painted for 2 years now! I have made a few changes so it is more usable. I hate having a rack, but I need it too often to not have one. I have talked to a shop that paints utility trucks and they will- (1) sandblast the whole bed, (2) paint bed black, (3) bed liner the top deck area, (4) undercoat the bottom side for $1500-$2000. I feel like thats a great price. I just need to get time to finish the details up and tear it all down. I want to add a lip or rib to the bottom of the sides, any ideas? I'll try to take some more pics.
      Attached Files

Comment

Eric, I think that's a good price. I spent close to $500 in supplies when I did mine. I don't follow with the lip on the bottom, do you mean like a trim piece to finish off the look of it deck under the cabinets and such?
        Coalsmoke's Website

Comment

It's an oldie but it still does the job
          Attached Files
          Big Blue 400D
          Trailblazer 302
          Miller S-32 suitcase
          12VS suitcase
          Lincoln LN-7 (BIG suitcase)
          Victor torches
          Lincoln 350MP with 35' push-pull gun
          Lincoln PrecisionTIG 375
          Spectrum 1000 plasma cutter

Comment

What I mean is how some pipeliner beds will have a piece of small pipe running the perimeter of the bed and transition into the bumper. Utility beds have a half round "rib" pressed into the bottom some times too. I would like it for looks and a step too, since I put the 22.5 on its kinda high off the ground. Heres a crappy drawing.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Carroll View Post
              What I mean is how some pipeliner beds will have a piece of small pipe running the perimeter of the bed and transition into the bumper. Utility beds have a half round "rib" pressed into the bottom some times too. I would like it for looks and a step too, since I put the 22.5 on its kinda high off the ground. Heres a crappy drawing.
              I understand now. Well I have a couple photos of that sort of thing, but I've never done it. I've included them in hopes that maybe they can be of some use to you.
              Attached Files
              Coalsmoke's Website

Comment

Sort of like a running board.
                That's a good idea, makes access to the deck much easier and helps keep the stone chips down on the body.
                Nice looking rig Eric.

You too wronghand, looks like you have some massive boxes, all the better to help take the shop to the field!!!
                at home:
                2012 325 Trailblazer EFI with Excel power
                2007 302 Trailblazer with the Robin SOLD
                2008 Suitcase 12RC
                Spoolmatic 30A
                WC-24
                2009 Dynasty 200DX
                2000 XMT 304
                2008 Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 52
                Sold:MM130XP
                Sold:MM 251
                Sold:CST 280

at work:
                Invision 350MP
                Dynasty 350
                Millermatic 350P
                Retired:Shopmaster 300 with a HF-251

Comment

Mr wagner long time no see/talk how ya been well as you can tell i havent' build that new skid or called you to build me one but i hopeing to do it soon (Probibly build my own) but i i might be calling you up of some mounts like the propane mount they look nice and whats this that you have a new style comeing out??? if you could id like to see any other pics of special mounts (made of alum.) that i might purches from you that are neat and handy

are you now or have been running a portable unit just in regards to your picture????
                  your only as good as # 2 cuz no matter how good you are there is always someone better"
                  2006 DODGE Dualy Quad Cab
                  PIPELINE IS THICKER THAN BLOOD!!!
                  here is all the pictures of my rig www.cardomain.com/ride/2520047/1

Comment

I posted three new photos on my website for all to see i'll try to get more
                    your only as good as # 2 cuz no matter how good you are there is always someone better"

Comment

Originally posted by lynx_welding View Post
                      I posted three new photos on my website for all to see i'll try to get more
                      Hey easy money whats going on? I just got back in from the field, froze my a$$ off today, had enough after 4 1/2 hrs, hey wheres the pictures of your pimped out rig, I dont think you even have one, you just say you do!! ya prove it lets see the pictures
                      Last edited by pipeline Dan; 03-05-2009, 04:56 PM.
                      DODGE 1 TON 6.7
                      PIPEPRO 304
                      TO MANY TOOLS
                      JUST WELDING IN CIRCLES
                      rig welders are like wheelbarrows hard to push around
                      and easily upset
                      go flames go

Comment

My rig...(so far)

I know it's not much, yet, but it's still a work in progress. I just got the cylinder rack done and think it turned out not too bad.Click image for larger version

Name:	myrig.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	449.1 KB
ID:	503948
                        sigpic
                        Miller Trailblazer 302
                        Smith Torch Outfit
                        Lots of Grinders
                        Miller Elite Autodark Hood
                        O'l Trusty Jackson

Comment

**** it danny its on my link i haven't the time to convert pics over to thumb nails i have to work 24 7 to keep up to you with money dont ya know

Comment

Originally posted by pipeline Dan View Post
                            Hey easy money whats going on? I just got back in from the field, froze my a$$ off today, had enough after 4 1/2 hrs, hey wheres the pictures of your pimped out rig, I dont think you even have one, you just say you do!! ya prove it lets see the pictures
                            Froze your a$$ off! I thought you told me it dosen't get cold down there!!

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked one View Post
                              Froze your a$$ off! I thought you told me it dosen't get cold down there!!
                              Where the **** have you been hiding havent talked to you in a long time

Comment

Originally posted by welderdude402 View Post
                                I know it's not much, yet, but it's still a work in progress. I just got the cylinder rack done and think it turned out not too bad.[ATTACH]17329[/ATTACH]
                                Give us more pics welderdude and what size of Miller are you carrying back there.

Comment

Working...
                                X