welding rig pictures

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pipeline Dan View Post
    Wow! nice rig Cornerstone!! I dont know if I can post my rig now I'll take some pictures today, I am like you Cornerstone I dont know how to make my pictures small enough to post, I did with my old welding trucks but cant remember how now
    Thanks Dan! I see your sitting today, thought you were playing with your torch on a sewer tank. "Match in the gas tank, boom boom!" from the movie,'What's eating Gilbert Grape?

Comment

Originally posted by Cornerstone View Post
      Thanks Dan! I see your sitting today, thought you were playing with your torch on a sewer tank. "Match in the gas tank, boom boom!" from the movie,'What's eating Gilbert Grape?
      Ya I'll go and take alook at the job this afternoon then I'll take some pics and post them, I like looking at other guys rigs, see how and why they set it up the way they did!
      DODGE 1 TON 6.7
      PIPEPRO 304
      TO MANY TOOLS
      JUST WELDING IN CIRCLES
      rig welders are like wheelbarrows hard to push around
      and easily upset
      go flames go

Comment

Originally posted by migwelder05 View Post
        coalsmoke i like your new deck. how do you get your metal to stay on your tailgate?
        Thank you. Its actually not attached to the tailgate. There are a couple of hinges that attach it to the welder slider.
        hre

Comment

Thanks Coalsmoke! I've been wondering why I didn't switch to a deck long ago. And sorry, but I thought I had sent you pics of the new setup. Guess I've just been enjoying this deck so much, it totally evaded me. But really, it is that much more practical and conventional to operate with and I would strongly suggest to anyone still thinking of rigging up, to go this way.
          No worries. I agree about the deck. Looking back on it the deck was the better setup. I would have liked to have stuck the reels in the driver side cabinet and had them locked up out of sight. Being a single wheeled truck though, it was just too heavy with the SA-200 and I didn't have the money to change trucks.

So, I guess I know what to get you for Christmas now, Flitz metal polish
          hre

Comment

Here's some pics of my rig Ol' Blue...she's a tank but she's reliable. My next rig is definitely going to be lighter. Coalsmoke, your deck is awesome! Nice set up.
            Attached Files

Comment

Here's the best I can do for right now guys my phone rang with more work so I just pulled over on the road and took this with my phone.
              Attached Files
              DODGE 1 TON 6.7
              PIPEPRO 304
              TO MANY TOOLS
              JUST WELDING IN CIRCLES
              and easily upset
              go flames go

Comment

See anything in common here?
                Attached Files
                Caution!
                These are "my" views based only on “my” experiences in “my” little bitty world.

Comment

Originally posted by Coalsmoke View Post
                  No worries. I agree about the deck. Looking back on it the deck was the better setup. I would have liked to have stuck the reels in the driver side cabinet and had them locked up out of sight. Being a single wheeled truck though, it was just too heavy with the SA-200 and I didn't have the money to change trucks.

So, I guess I know what to get you for Christmas now, Flitz metal polish
                  Thanks Stephen, but a power polisher will do great too!

Comment

Originally posted by pipeline Dan View Post
                    Here's the best I can do for right now guys my phone rang with more work so I just pulled over on the road and took this with my phone.
                    WHERE"S THE CLEAN TRUCK BUDDY!!!! lol. Oh, I see what your trying to hide, a Flames flag, uhh,too bad. lol Nice looking setup Dan and good to hear your getting "The Call".

Comment

WHERE"S THE CLEAN TRUCK BUDDY!!!! lol. Oh, I see what your trying to hide, a Flames flag, uhh,too bad. lol Nice looking setup Dan and good to hear your getting "The Call".
                      Now come on Bob we dont even want to go there do we???
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by pipeline Dan; 03-02-2009, 08:15 PM.
                      DODGE 1 TON 6.7
                      PIPEPRO 304
                      TO MANY TOOLS
                      JUST WELDING IN CIRCLES
                      and easily upset
                      go flames go

Comment

No we don't, but its just a little fun. So really now,what colour is your truck? lol And what kind of machine are you running back there?

Comment

Hey Dan, I have 7 pics or so of your MegaCab that you posted up last fall... If you want those on here (since the truck is clean LOL) let me know.
                          Later,
                          Jason

Professional Spark Generator by Trade.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Wolf View Post
                            Hey Dan, I have 7 pics or so of your MegaCab that you posted up last fall... If you want those on here (since the truck is clean LOL) let me know.
                            Hey thanks Blackwolf, I added a bunch of stuff to the skid since then so I'll just use new pictures, but thanks. I do have a problem with making the pictures smaller from my camera to fit the web site gee I hope we get more pics from other guys
                            DODGE 1 TON 6.7
                            PIPEPRO 304
                            TO MANY TOOLS
                            JUST WELDING IN CIRCLES
                            and easily upset
                            go flames go

Comment

Jeez Jason, do you have any pics of my vacation last year? LOL Just kidding bud, but thanks again for putting mine up! I sent a wack of pics to Shane(lynx) and I bet he's building a deck on paper right now! But you know, these things do require good timing when it comes to talking to the bank manager( the Wife).So, a weekend in the mountains with a spa day for insurance will ease her nerves when you say, "Honey I want to spend $20G on a welding deck". LOL Sorry guys for going off topic.

Comment

Jeez Jason, do you have any pics of my vacation last year? LOL Just kidding bud, but thanks again for putting mine up!
                                Yeah, rub it in...... I KNEW I should have sent that to Dan in a PM 'cause it would sound bad. Oh well.

Can't help it, it's the truck builder in me. I have probably somwhere between 1500 and 2000 pics of welding decks, welding skids, trailer rigs, and everything in between. I like to examine the pictures and break them down by aesthetics and ergonomics to see what I would like to build in the future.

Dan's was one of the first MegaCab's I had seen with a skid, Justin Olive's is the first with a deck, and just a couple days ago, I got a few of a MegaCab w/skid from Clay that are right in line with the rest of that company's products.
                                Later,
                                Jason

Professional Spark Generator by Trade.

Comment

Working...
                                X