No announcement yet.

welding rig pictures

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice setup DPP, I sure could have used a truck like that a few times. I often had customers asking me to do mechanical repairs but without a truck like that and a hiab it just wasn't realistic most of the time.
    Coalsmoke's Website

Comment

• Hey Woodweld1,
      There are a couple avenues as far as a trailer unit.... open or closed. This is my unit that I set up to maintain a small footprint because of the areas I have to get into. Both my trucks are shortbeds & my unit is 5' X 8' so manuevering is quite easy & I get much better fuel economy than a single heavy rig. Initially, I laid out all the equipment in my shop to see how I could preserve area & maintain a full complement of needed tools/equip.. I like being able to just park it & use my trucks for other needs. Hope this may give you some thought to contemplate which would serve you best.

Denny
      Attached Files
      * Complete welding, machine, & fab shop *
      * Mobile unit *
      * Finally retired *

* A man's word is his honor..... without honor, there is nothing. *
      * Words are like bullets..... once they leave your muzzle, you cannot get them back. *
      * I have no reservation to kill nor hesitation to die for the U.S. Constitution & the American Flag. *
      * Age is a state of mind..... at my age, you cannot fathom what is in my mind. *

Comment

• Originally posted by dppmfg View Post
        not much but its paid for.
        I have seen your truck somewhere not that long ago, I'll think of it sometime. Take care.
        '08 F-350
        Vantage 400
        SA-250
        SA-200
        Invertec V350Pro
        Invertec V205T-AC/DC

Miller 12VS suitcase
        Miller spectrum 2050

Pipe beveler's
        Track torch

Comment

• Very Nice

Originally posted by yorkiepap View Post
          Hey Woodweld1,
          There are a couple avenues as far as a trailer unit.... open or closed. This is my unit that I set up to maintain a small footprint because of the areas I have to get into. Both my trucks are shortbeds & my unit is 5' X 8' so manuevering is quite easy & I get much better fuel economy than a single heavy rig. Initially, I laid out all the equipment in my shop to see how I could preserve area & maintain a full complement of needed tools/equip.. I like being able to just park it & use my trucks for other needs. Hope this may give you some thought to contemplate which would serve you best.

Denny
          You have a neat clean unit, I really appreciate the snow pick, lol. Looks like im probably going to go with a trailer, im thinking about building a short fifth wheel.

Comment

• Rig Pictures

Name:  72ce450415b4ef78a860301f4058445c.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  52.1 KBName:  5d5f3fa9fdf501a0ec188d5ade8eb7aa.jpg
Size:  70.2 KBName:  4387c3429c805d7e63baf4e83f32b098.jpg
Size:  44.0 KB

Hey Guys, OIlfield welder here on the Baaken Based in Williston ND. Cold as ever, But rod still burns! Keeping Busy at a steady Pace, & Expanding More, Buying a welding truck setup w/ High Rails for Thermite Welding on the Shortline Railroads & Doing Tie & Switch work as well. gotta stay Diversified out here to keep an income, even if the windchills are -30F to -40F
            David Sall
            Bulldogs Portable Welding LLC.
            Williston, ND. 58801

Comment

• Originally posted by OilfieldWelder78 View Post
              Name:  72ce450415b4ef78a860301f4058445c.jpg
Size:  52.1 KBName:  5d5f3fa9fdf501a0ec188d5ade8eb7aa.jpg
Size:  70.2 KBName:  4387c3429c805d7e63baf4e83f32b098.jpg
Size:  44.0 KB

Hey Guys, OIlfield welder here on the Baaken Based in Williston ND. Cold as ever, But rod still burns! Keeping Busy at a steady Pace, & Expanding More, Buying a welding truck setup w/ High Rails for Thermite Welding on the Shortline Railroads & Doing Tie & Switch work as well. gotta stay Diversified out here to keep an income, even if the windchills are -30F to -40F
              Nice lookin rig man. Whats the work like for a rig welder up in ND? Im thinkin about heading up there, but not sure. Are there lots of welders already there?
              sigpic2007 dodge 3500 cummins

Comment

• I could get by with trailer these days, when working occasionally its fine, if I am on it daily I really want a dedicated truck in most cases.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eric Carroll View Post
                  heres my truck with some paint on it. Polished my shell-ryns and tidweld cord reel this week. Got the doors for the boxes chromed too. too busy working to finish. more pics soon.
                  I'll be. Haven't been around to see your rig, but I am back in town. I'll make some time to come see you soon. I'm building the bike right now. Looks nice with paint.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sonora Iron View Post
                    See anything in common here?
                    man love seen those pics of the pipeline.That gets my heart racing

Comment

• not sure I posted any pics of the truck after lengthening it. made a huge difference in being able to carry 5x10 sheets from the yard, but killed the already terrible turning radius. had to cut down the steering stops to get it back to something decent.

couple things have changed since the pictures

and this was the new toy we picked up a couple months ago. already made the 5K i paid for it well worth it.

F450 crewcab flatbed
                      Miller Bobcat 250
                      Miller 8VS suitcase
                      Millermatic 251
                      Millermatic 180
                      Miller Spectrum 375
                      Miller Econotig & 150 STH
                      Enough snap-on tools to prevent my future kids from going to college

Comment

• Rig Pics

Name:  5df85fcb10f9f95a6a109e200c101b62.jpg
Size:  40.0 KB
                        Guess I'll sit and wait see if this posts.
                        89F3350, Miller Trailblazer 300amp, IR Air Comp, fuels tools
                        Stick Tig Mig Flux Hefty Feeder

Comment

Working...
                        X