Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

welding rig pictures

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry J if I came across a little sarcastic but if we were all standing around and joking you'd hear it with my grinning mutt. Say, if you got some of Clay's work and on a Megacab w/skid, I wouldn't mind you posting some of those pics.

Comment

Bob if I get time I'll post some tomorrow.
      Jason by all means if you get to it first your welcome to post em up.

Comment

No worries Bob, I took it as you intended it. Smart A$$.

You bet Clay, I'll post 'em for ya.

I'll leave the explanations to Clay, but shown are MegaCabs with tailgate (no work table) and without tailgate (with table and Oxy Fuel Reel)
        Attached Files

Comment

Flames, Oilers?

I'm not EVEN going to get in the middle of that one!

The Doggies just keep loosing........ Good thing Spring Training started

Blackwolf: That is a NICE looking truck! Great job on the cyl brackets.

Is that a 305G?

Dave

Comment

Yeah Dave that is a 305G and the other one had a Pro 300 on it. We've also had 302 Trailblazers, Pipe Pro 304's, Vantage 300 and 400's, 300D's.

We have a new propane cylinder bracket out but I don't have any pictures of it yet. It's basically the same we just addressed a few things that customers had suggested.

Comment

Originally posted by dmk welding View Post
              Here's some pics of my rig Ol' Blue...she's a tank but she's reliable. My next rig is definitely going to be lighter. Coalsmoke, your deck is awesome! Nice set up.
              I meant to say that Cornerstone's aluminum deck is awesome...sorry Coalsmoke, your rig is also nice as well, haha. Too bad that you sold it, eh. I was reading some of your views on your life as a rig welder on your web page the other day...very good stuff by the way. You're right that it's a tough job that demands alot at times, but it must be something in our blood that makes us stand beside our rigs with such pride. Not everyone understands that feeling out there.
              I can't wait till it gets busy again!!!

Comment

Originally posted by davedarragh View Post
                I'm not EVEN going to get in the middle of that one!

The Doggies just keep loosing........ Good thing Spring Training started

Blackwolf: That is a NICE looking truck! Great job on the cyl brackets.

Is that a 305G?

Dave
                Thats okay Dave, everyone LOVES to poke fun at, ahem...Flames Fans.

Comment

Originally posted by dmk welding View Post
                  I meant to say that Cornerstone's aluminum deck is awesome...sorry Coalsmoke, your rig is also nice as well, haha. Too bad that you sold it, eh. I was reading some of your views on your life as a rig welder on your web page the other day...very good stuff by the way. You're right that it's a tough job that demands alot at times, but it must be something in our blood that makes us stand beside our rigs with such pride. Not everyone understands that feeling out there.
                  I can't wait till it gets busy again!!!
                  Thanks man, and thanks again to all who have complimented me on the deck. But really, don't you think the skid units that cwagner works on are that much nicer. I think there's some superb work coming out of ACE Manuf.

Comment

Thanks Cornerstone.
                    I like your deck, they did a nice job on it.
                    We are quoting a couple of decks, if we build one I'll post up some pics.

Comment

I totally agree about the product coming out of Ace and Clay personally. I was in there for a visit back in late Sept, I think, and got to see first hand some of Clay's work and he's very skilled on the aluminum that's for sure.
                      Someday I hope to be able to order a deck from there...someday.

Comment

They've earned it, I'll throw in my $.02

Double Thumbs Up to Clay and the staff at Ace Maunfacturing.

I have been scouring over their products for quite a while now, and the fit and finish are excellent. They offer a neat, clean organized skid unit, that really has no equal that I have found.

I wouldn't think twice about calling them up and having them build and ship me a skid - sight unseen - and know that I would be very satisfied when it arrived.

Clay has been very generous of his time, trading e-mails, pictures, and ideas with me over the past year or so. He has sent me numerous pictures of rig ups that are not available on the website, just for me to look at, and get my opinions. Man, oh, man... Some seriously NICE STUFF. I am very comfortable dealing with him.

Now, I do not usually indulge myself, and post up this type of testimonial, but times are tough, and I don't see why I can't spend a few minutes supporting a fellow forum member, and the company he works for.

Bob's deck is Top Shelf too - A work of Art.... I just don't wanna POLISH IT!!!
                        Last edited by Black Wolf; 03-03-2009, 07:16 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the kind words DMK and Black Wolf.
                          I build every deck/ skid like it's going on MY truck.
                          Of course I can't build all of this stuff myself so when one of the other guys is building a part, I keep a pretty good eye on them and constantly stress to them how much the whole project is worth. Then I ask them what they'd want to see if it was THEIR MONEY, that's usually enough to keep them on their toes.

After all our motto is "Quality that outperforms".

Comment

Originally posted by Black Wolf View Post
                            Double Thumbs Up to Clay and the staff at Ace Maunfacturing.

I have been scouring over their products for quite a while now, and the fit and finish are excellent. They offer a neat, clean organized skid unit, that really has no equal that I have found.

I wouldn't think twice about calling them up and having them build and ship me a skid - sight unseen - and know that I would be very satisfied when it arrived.

Clay has been very generous of his time, trading e-mails, pictures, and ideas with me over the past year or so. He has sent me numerous pictures of rig ups that are not available on the website, just for me to look at, and get my opinions. Man, oh, man... Some seriously NICE STUFF. I am very comfortable dealing with him.

Now, I do not usually indulge myself, and post up this type of testimonial, but times are tough, and I don't see why I can't spend a few minutes supporting a fellow forum member, and the company he works for.

Bob's deck is Top Shelf too - A work of Art.... I just don't wanna POLISH IT!!!
                            Guess I bit off more than I could chew after having it polished in the first place. Glad I took lots of pics before the road salt left a grime.

Comment

well i would like to post more pictures but i'm in depate i'm either going to save money(unless some one can get me on a job) and build my own skid (which i have many different drawings for) buy my buddys steel deck from accuform in red deer. Or phone clay up and spend some money and build askid ( i like that idea have wanted to do it for some time) or get a deck built like cornerstones but with a few changes. i dunno but i will be sure to keep you all posted

has anyone herd from wicked at all havent seen him in for ever

Comment

Originally posted by lynx_welding View Post
                                well i would like to post more pictures but i'm in depate i'm either going to save money(unless some one can get me on a job) and build my own skid (which i have many different drawings for) buy my buddys steel deck from accuform in red deer. Or phone clay up and spend some money and build askid ( i like that idea have wanted to do it for some time) or get a deck built like cornerstones but with a few changes. i dunno but i will be sure to keep you all posted

has anyone herd from wicked at all havent seen him in for ever
                                Lynx- check the post, "anyone in Canada heard", he was there a few days ago.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.