Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

MM200 Input Voltage Taps

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • MM200 Input Voltage Taps

    Hello,
    I just picked up a MM200 and want to set up the input voltage for 230V.
    However the Owners Manual says: Compare the position of the jumper links on the input terminal board to the voltage link arrangement shown on the voltage input label.
    I have no label. I think it fell off.

    Anyone have a picture of the label?
    Or, know the correct taps for 230V?

    Thanks,
    Gif


  • #2
    Mm 200

    jeepgif: Is it possible that you have a 230V model, and don't need to be concerned?

    Just a thought why there may be no label.

    Dave

    Comment


    • #3
      ok, then why the two taps and jumper?

      Thanks,
      Gif

      Comment


      • #4
        Have you tried to use this place.
        http://www.millerwelds.com/service/ownersmanuals.php
        Page 38 of the manual, circuit diagram number SB-119 327-A
        Name:  335182c5eddf2d80de58e1267ac05bf8.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  15.7 KB
        The red arrow is the volt select.
        It looks like it is set to 230 volt

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by jeepgif View Post
          ok, then why the two taps and jumper?

          Thanks,
          Gif
          Gif,

          Welcome to the forum.

          I'm guessing you have a 1981 model MM200. Serial # should start with JB.

          You probably have a 200/230v or 230/460v input. Look on the face plate. If you have a 230/460v input, you really can't go wrong connecting it to a 230v source. You'll know when you have the jumper set to 460v. The fan will barely turn on when you power it up.

          Jumper settings are in the center of the very first pic. Kind of red color and three brass screws and nuts.

          Jumper settings:

          200/230v input:
          200v = jumper left and middle
          230v = jumper middle and right

          230/460v input:
          230v = jumper left and middle
          460v = jumper middle and right

          It is common for the paper label in power input to fall off.

          PM me your address and I'll email you a manual.

          Charles
          Last edited by crawler; 01-27-2009, 08:06 PM.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by redintn View Post
            Have you tried to use this place.
            http://www.millerwelds.com/service/ownersmanuals.php
            Page 38 of the manual, circuit diagram number SB-119 327-A
            Name:  335182c5eddf2d80de58e1267ac05bf8.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  15.7 KB
            The red arrow is the volt select.
            It looks like it is set to 230 volt
            Thanks,
            I do have a copy of the PDF. That is where I got the instructions I referred to in my first post.
            How did you conclude that mine was set up for 230v from the circuit diagram number SB-119 327-A? I do not see a connector identifier called out.

            Thanks,
            Gif

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by crawler View Post
              Gif,

              Welcome to the forum.

              I'm guessing you have a 1981 model MM200. Serial # should start with JB.

              You probably have a 200/230v or 230/460v input. Look on the face plate. If you have a 230/460v input, you really can't go wrong connecting it to a 230v source. You'll know when you have the jumper set to 460v. The fan will barely turn on when you power it up.

              Jumper settings are in the center of the very first pic. Kind of red color and three brass screws and nuts.

              Jumper settings:

              200/230v input:
              200v = jumper left and middle
              230v = jumper middle and right

              230/460v input:
              230v = jumper left and middle
              460v = jumper middle and right

              It is common for the paper label in power input to fall off.

              PM me your address and I'll email you a manual.

              Charles


              Yes, mine is rated for 200/230 input voltage as marked on the front.
              So I should be all set as is. (230v = jumper middle and right)
              Thanks,
              Gif

              Edit: SER # HK343965
              Found the settings in the "older" model Manual.
              Last edited by jeepgif; 01-28-2009, 04:29 AM.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by jeepgif View Post
                Yes, mine is rated for 200/230 input voltage as marked on the front.
                So I should be all set as is. (230v = jumper middle and right)
                Thanks,
                Gif

                Edit: SER # HK343965
                Found the settings in the "older" model Manual.
                Gif,

                Your settings are correct. Let me know how it welds. Those old MM200 welders had industrial feeder size feed motors. Very heavy duty.

                Your welder must be one of the very first MM200 made. 1979 model.

                Charles

                Comment


                • #9
                  A very clean looking machine .
                  for being that old
                  They were a sweet welding machine.
                  Good luck with her

                  Rich

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by crawler View Post
                    Gif,

                    Your settings are correct. Let me know how it welds. Those old MM200 welders had industrial feeder size feed motors. Very heavy duty.

                    Your welder must be one of the very first MM200 made. 1979 model.

                    Charles

                    It might be old, but it is in great shape!
                    Wish I could say the same for me.... (round is a shape; right!?)

                    I burned some 1/4 plate, exhaust scrap, and some 5/8 plate I had lying around. So far so good.

                    I am used to a MM35, so this machine feels familiar. However I can tell the power difference in this machine. It has a much deeper tone on the heavier stuff.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      My buddy just picked up this MM35s. Works great.


                      Comment


                      • #12
                        nice looking machine

                        -i thought my 1981 millermatic 200 was the only one around in mint condition.
                        your machine looks every bit as good as mine

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X
                        Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.