No announcement yet.

Operators manual for Airco welder

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got to work today and there it was (Airco TIG) sitting on the shop floor. Any help finding out if it's a miller and finding literature for it would be greatly appreciated. At the left lower front panel is "LR5071." At middle lower front panel is "L & SP #1112-A." At the right lower front panel is "27P324C." The model number is 2A/DDR-24HPA/B-D.
    Name:  e1d7e1c4b274131352f1f427c12027c5.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  53.5 KB
    Code:
    Name:  d4bdf7bde67a8de9525750fa12898a8d.jpg
    Size:  35.0 KBName:  a3b1e9f833ade3f2f8fb4461619fce6f.jpg
    Size:  62.5 KBName:  304cfac670f34b059086bdb9c685f082.jpg
    Size:  55.4 KBName:  45ad77af7b1110657bc2ca3363a69fc2.jpg
    Size:  52.3 KB

Comment

While looking at the photos, noticed the serial number in the upper left corner of the front face plate (didn't notice it at first glance). Serial number for this Airco machine is #J177988.

Comment

My thanks to Miller service tech Kevin Schuh. I sent him a PM and he responded very quick. This Airco machine that I posted pictures of was made by Miller in 1960. It is comparable to a Miller 330ABP. I've called the Miller manuals department and the nice gal there is researching my information and will e-mail the operators manual. This is an old heavy beast, but appears to be in very good condition for it's age. Once I get it home, I will pull the covers and clean/check/ and adjust things as needed. Once I get the machine up and running, I'll post some more info, pics, of my attempts at welding aluminum. I'm glad this machine ended up being made by Miller. It may be orange instead of blue, but it's a classic. Again, thanks to Kevin and the Miller team.

Comment

Manual for Airco DipCor 300 mig welder

Any assistance you could give me in locating a manual for this welder would be appreciated. The name tag refers to an AD1938 operator's manual. Don't know if this manual includes parts or not but would like to have a parts manual as well as an operator's manual. The following info is on the machine. L&SP 5228,
          Code 0855, Ser. No. DH404037 and Stock 1346 7038.

Thanks for any assistance.
          Don

Comment

Airco heliwelder manual needed

I can't seem to find any reference to this machine, it is very similar to the 340 a/b but it is a 400 amp machine. I would like to find a manual or any other pertinent information for this specific machine please. Model: 4A/DDR 224 HPA/B D Serial #K206821

Thanks in advance,
            Osar
            Last edited by Osar; 12-08-2013, 04:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Osar View Post
              I can't seem to find any reference to this machine, it is very similar to the 340 a/b but it is a 400 amp machine. I would like to find a manual or any other pertinent information for this specific machine please. Model: 4A/DDR 224 HPA/B D Serial #K20682

Thanks in advance,
              Osar
              How about a couple of pics of your machine..??..

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
              Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
              Dynasty 200DX
              Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
              Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

Comment

Airco unit

It looks like it crosses over to a 340A/BP. That would be the closet manual we have for it.
                Our manuals dept should be able to locate a manual for you, you can reach them at 920-735-4356.
                The K serial number prefix means it was built in 1961.
                Kevin Schuh
                Service Technician
                Miller Electric Mfg. Co.

Comment

http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/y...D262E792C6.jpgI have the 340 manual, but this machine is physically larger and has a lot more amperage capacity.

Comment

And thanks, Kevin.

My phone only let's me post 1 pic per post. Annoying. http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/y...B112B53D8C.jpg

Comment

You have a relative of my 340. Grab the 340 manual.

I run mine off a 50A breaker at the moment, though that's obviously too small to max it out. (It's in a metal ISO container shop so if all the wiring went nova I'd be safe, but I don't get ignorant with it.)

Very nice arc. Enjoy your machine!

Name:  c029b53070e666d25b389d6dbb5b32a5.jpg
Size:  54.1 KB
                      Last edited by 1930case; 12-15-2013, 11:12 PM.

Comment

Need manuals for Airco welder

I have had this welder for a few years and been using it quite a bit, but want to figure out how to "fine tune it". So I need manuals and any other info I can find. It is a Aircomatic 300A pulsed arc welder M#3-DCPA-224A S# R355105 and wire feeder M#AHF-T S#5288.

Also, how is parts availability, I know probably not great, just thought I would ask.

Thanks in advance

Glenn
                        Last edited by ihcubman; 03-25-2014, 04:50 PM.

Comment

airco 2dcr-s224 manual

I would be delighted if anyone could point me in the correct direction for a manual and information on this model. It is equipped with a Miller Spoolomatic II gun. thankyoName:  be3d8831161c57a1a9048448753cf6cf.jpg
Size:  104.7 KBName:  ac5a4e210ba9fd18d6ac83e15b39c5f2.jpg
Size:  126.2 KBu. The serial # is N312181

Comment

Originally posted by WEIRDGUYWITHAKNIFE View Post
                            I would be delighted if anyone could point me in the correct direction for a manual and information on this model. It is equipped with a Miller Spoolomatic II gun. thankyoName:  be3d8831161c57a1a9048448753cf6cf.jpg
                            Many of the Airco units were really OEM Miller.... painted orange
                            somebody is sure to recognize it... and give us the Miller model name...
                            then the manual is easily downloaded from this site..
                            Last edited by H80N; 02-21-2015, 07:27 PM.

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
                            Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
                            Dynasty 200DX
                            Millermatic 200

Comment

Looks like a Miller SCP-200

Originally posted by WEIRDGUYWITHAKNIFE View Post
                              Did a little digging and it Looks like a Miller SCP-200 to me...

the single phase version of the CP-200

here is a link to that model..

http://www.millerwelds.com/om/o201f_mil.pdf
                              Last edited by H80N; 02-21-2015, 09:08 PM.

My Blue Stuff:
                              Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
                              Dynasty 200DX
                              Millermatic 200

Comment

Here is a thread on the SCP-200 with some pics

http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...2-and-SCP-200C

and another

http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...light=SCP-200C

My Blue Stuff:
                                Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
                                Dynasty 200DX
                                Millermatic 200

Comment

Working...
                                X