• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nfinch86 View Post
    Where are you located, U.S.A.? , Canada ?.......... Norm :
    im located in the USA accutaully in Southeast Missouri area

Comment

Work boots

See i build rail cars right now im wearing Redwing 2240's first pair of reedwings i have ever owned usually i just bought el cheapo's from the wal-mart and my feet can't handle that anymore. So im just looking for the concensus i went against everything i was tought in the Marine Corp by just buying cheap boots,
      it hard around this area to find boots with metatarsels.

please forgive any typos for abit as the keyboard on my laptop is being retarded,

anywho back to working on the drawings of this new bike Im gonna be starting this fall oh and helping wifey make sugar cookies lol

all the input on the boots is greatly appreciated

Comment

Workboots

I've been wearing Redwing #4451 with the "Diamondback Soles" (go figure, I live in Arizona), wore them when I drove a mixer, walked around Phoenix International Raceway all day long, and wear them now. I opted for the insoles too (heat them in the oven, put them in, wear them). I oil mine weekly. 8" boot protects the ankles too. Definitely worth the $$$$$.
        "Bonne journe'e mes amis"

Comment

work boots

I also favor the red wings i started wearing the die-hard work boot and and didn't like how fast they wore out so I listened to my father and spent the extra money on redwings and haven't looked back five years now.
          Fatty's Chassis'and Speed Parts LLC.
          330 ST Aircrafter
          Lincoln MIG pak 55
          JET band saw

Comment

nfinch86- Canadian Weldor :

A couple guys have mentioned Laces, I take the new laces out the first day, put in Leather Laces.
            ONE PAIR will last Ten pair of work boots!!!.......... Norm :
            - Arcair- K 4000 CAC.
            - LN - 25
            - Lincoln Ranger 8
            -DeWalt Compressor

www.normsmobilewelding.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by nfinch86 View Post
              A couple guys have mentioned Laces, I take the new laces out the first day, put in Leather Laces.
              ONE PAIR will last Ten pair of work boots!!!.......... Norm :
              Or swap them out with 550 cord...just don't tie them wet and expect to untie them once dry...
              George W. Bush was saving your butt whether you liked it or not!
              Fear is temporary, regret is forever
              HH210 with SG

Comment

nfinch86- Canadian Weldor :

Originally posted by 84ZMike View Post
                Or swap them out with 550 cord...just don't tie them wet and expect to untie them once dry...
                550 cord???
                - Arcair- K 4000 CAC.
                - LN - 25
                - Lincoln Ranger 8
                -DeWalt Compressor

Comment

550 cord

550 is parachute cord for you civies out there an hes right never ever ever tie it wet and try to untie it dry it don't work right lol

Comment

I have used Wolverines and would get less than a year out of them before they were shot. I made the switch to Redwings and haven't looked back. I'm not sure if this was exclusive to the store i went to but they had a deal you stepped in and it measured the length and width and suggested a size. They fit perfectly. Very comfortable. The laces do wear but if you go to a redwing store with a redwing boot with a broken lace, they will typically give you a new set of laces.
                    Miller 350P
                    Miller Econotig
                    Milwaukee Dry saw
                    Evolution Dry saw (for sale)
                    Scotchman 350 cold saw
                    7x12 bandsaw
                    1910 ATW 14 x 72 lathe
                    fridge full of adult beverages
                    Sirius radio

www.snpequipment.com
                    callouses and burns a plentysigpic

Comment

work boots

White's are good, but I like Nicks boots alot better. You can find them at nicksboots.com They make a metatarsal boot but it is special order about $450.00 or so now I think. I have had mine for about 3 yrs and have a second pair ordered( first pair need rebuilt) and I won't wear anything else.

Comment

Insoles

What brand insoles are those you bought for 50.00 i have found some for about 10.00 but was wondering what brand you was using

Comment

nfinch86-Canadian Weldor :

Originally posted by ROD BURNER View Post
                          White's are good, but I like Nicks boots alot better. You can find them at nicksboots.com They make a metatarsal boot but it is special order about $450.00 or so now I think. I have had mine for about 3 yrs and have a second pair ordered( first pair need rebuilt) and I won't wear anything else.
                          ROD BURNER, HI; I Can hardly afford $175.00 for work boots, $450.00 is way out of my league!!!... Norm :
                          - Arcair- K 4000 CAC.
                          - LN - 25
                          - Lincoln Ranger 8
                          -DeWalt Compressor

Comment

I've worn Redwings and liked them. However, the most comfortable boot I've ever owned BY FAR are Ecco. They set you back around 200 but your feet will pay you back for it. I don't think they make a steel toe, but you could use the outside guards as mentioned in earlier posts.
                            Jim

Comment

Originally posted by mooseman63825 View Post
                              What brand insoles are those you bought for 50.00 i have found some for about 10.00 but was wondering what brand you was using
                              They are Redwing brand.
                              Miller Maxstar 200 DX
                              RMLS-14 Momentary Hand Control
                              Miller Syncrowave 180 SD
                              Porter Cable 14" dry metal saw
                              Hitachi 4.5" grinder
                              http://mhayesdesign.com

Comment

I wore Redwings untill they discontinued my size 11 narrow, and wore Justins until they discontinued my size and I now wear Ariats and I fit a regular size 11. So, until they change how they size their 11s I'll stay with Ariats. They have sole with very little tread and are easy to clean mud off of, and the soles are hard enough to not burn (much) when stepping on hot pieces of steel, they also last about two years or more.

Comment

Working...
                                X