Miller MP-30E

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miller MP-30E

Hey guys need help this mp-30e looks like it stayed in high voltage. Changed the reostad and voltage switch with no change at all what can i check any ideas

Does it stay at max current even if your running say a feeder. The front panel always reads OCV, so it won't change by turning the unit up or down, also make sure your not in panel remote, if you don't have a remote.

Comment

Does it stay at max current even if your running say a feeder. The front panel always reads OCV, so it won't change by turning the unit up or down, also make sure your not in panel remote, if you don't have a remote.

Check your fuses, and replace your control bridge if the above is ok.

Comment

mp-30e

What does this control bridge look like or its location .An yes running a wire feeder,and melting the tips,nozzels,when wire speed is set high

Comment

Find F2 and trace the wires back to it, It's unknown whether it'll be the old style (a couple of plates) or the new style (a small black square) with 4 wires on it. You would need a diode tester. Now if it was gone, you'd most likely take out F2 constantly.

It may be also that you've shorted 1 main diode in the rectifier, If it was 2 of them, your input breaker would fail constantly

Comment

mp-30e

Ok located rectifier small black box 4 wires i have to go to the parts house to get new one i will just replace an see what happens i will let you know

Comment

Working...
            X