Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Great Pawn Shop Find!

Score!!!!!!!

My old Milwaukee Hole Hawg chuck shaft broke. I bought it in a pawn shop some years back for $65 (used). It looked like crap but did the job. I have been looking for another but didn't want to spend the $200 plus I knew it would cost because I use it infrequently.
    Today, I was visiting one of my favorite pawn shops and ran across a brand new Milwaukee Hole Hawg, 2 speed...1200/300 rpm with case, two handles and a chuck key. Never used..........for the tidy sum of $125 denaros, bucks, dollars, pesos, whatever. It looks great and is just what I was looking for.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by monte55; 06-26-2008, 06:01 PM.
    Nick
    Miller 252 Mig
    Miller Cricket XL
    Millermatic 150 Mig
    Miller Syncrowave 200 Tig
    2-O/A outfits
    Jet Lathe and Mill
    Jet 7x12 horz/vert band saw
    DeWalt Multi Cutter metal saw
    Century 50 Amp Plasma Cutter
    20 ton electric/hydraulic vertical press
    Propane Forge
    60" X 60" router/plasma table

www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTu7wicVCmQ
    Vist my site: www.nixstuff.com
    and check out some of my ironwork and other stuff

You suck

Comment

Thank you..........thank you very much
      Nick
      Miller 252 Mig
      Miller Cricket XL
      Millermatic 150 Mig
      2-O/A outfits
      Jet Lathe and Mill
      Propane Forge

Comment

Great score monte. You would never find something like that down here for that price. All the pawn shops in my area try and sell used wore out junk for d@mn near the price of new. In fact, a while back I saw a Lincoln weldpak 3200 hd that was all beat up looking and they wanted almost $800 for it, you can find them at the box stores for around $600 and I bought one off of the internet for about $400 new. Anyways , I think you suck! Dave
        If necessity is the Mother of Invention, I must be the Father of Desperation!

sigpicJohn Blewett III 10-22-73 to 8-16-07
        Another racing great gone but not to be forgotten.http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...modified&hl=en

Comment

Reminds me of my great score

I was driving down the road one day and saw a piece of cardboard with "tool sale" written on it. I had to turn. The guy got caught doing something he shouldn't have. I never asked what. He had just bought a chain saw. Never even took it from the box. He was leaving in the morning for a long jail term and didn't want to leave anything for the wife. I got the saw for $20. I offered him more but he said all he wanted was to not let the wife have any of his toys.
          Millermatic 130
          Millermatic 251
          Miller Thunderbolt

Comment

I know pawn shops are just crazy at times. A few years back at this same pawn shop there was a $10 micrometer new from China with a price tag of $39.........
            Sitting very close by was a digital 1" mic and digital 6" caliper set in a mahogony felt lined box by Mititoya(sp) with sells for about $240 with a price tag of ........guess what...........$39. All it needed was little watch batteries. You really have to wait for them to screw up. It's mine now. Reads to tenths on the mic. Nice set. I have other good buys from this chain of pawn shops. You have to be patient and know when to strike. I want quality test indicaters but retail is too much. So I frequent the shops.
            Nick
            Miller 252 Mig
            Miller Cricket XL
            Millermatic 150 Mig
            2-O/A outfits
            Jet Lathe and Mill
            Propane Forge

Comment

Originally posted by croyall View Post
              I was driving down the road one day and saw a piece of cardboard with "tool sale" written on it. I had to turn. The guy got caught doing something he shouldn't have. I never asked what. He had just bought a chain saw. Never even took it from the box. He was leaving in the morning for a long jail term and didn't want to leave anything for the wife. I got the saw for $20. I offered him more but he said all he wanted was to not let the wife have any of his toys.
              Now you SUCK I'll give you $21 for it. Make a easy buck.
              Nick
              Miller 252 Mig
              Miller Cricket XL
              Millermatic 150 Mig
              2-O/A outfits
              Jet Lathe and Mill
              Propane Forge

Comment

nice score.
                pawns can get ya all kinds of good stuff if they dont know what they have they dont know what to price it at so they just *** a few $'s onto what they paid for it and they dont pay out much.

congrats on the new toy.
                thanks for the help
                ......or..........
                hope i helped
                sigpic
                feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
                summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
                JAMES

Comment

Did you wear your heavy stick gloves to carry it out to the car monte?

I try very hard to avoid pawn shops and the used tool places near me. I can never walk into Retool and not spend over $200 in tools I need. Theres a used tool plpace in NJ thats even more dangerous for me. They get a lot of stuff from auctions and I can spend the whole day wandering thru their warehouses looking at things I need. Last trip $900 and all of it was small stuff less than $75 each. The iron worker they had almost killed me to walk away from. I just don't have a place to put it.

Comment

Re: Gas...

You gotta lay off those refies, Monte! The gas is going to your brain!!
                    sigpic...John

Dynasty 200DX
                    Lincoln SP135 Plus
                    Victor O/A outfit
                    Dewalt chop saw

US Navy '65-'69
                    Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club
                    USS Intrepid '67

Comment

Pawn Shop find

Montw, Great find. I look in the pawn shops near me, but they never have anything for less than new prices. Wish you more luck in the future finds

Comment

Monte.....You suck!

Two weeks ago i was walking down my block and saw my neighbor throwing out a Milwaukee tool case. I asked if he minded if i took it, "not at all but the drill in it needs some work" Drill? i just wanted the case! Turns out the drill is 1 1/8" sds rotary hammer, 28 bucks for a new trigger later, i got a hammer drill! SCORE!

Now I suck too!
                        Dynasty 200 DX
                        Millermatic 175
                        Spectrum 375
                        All kinds of Smith OA gear

Comment

The best deal I ever got at a pawn shop was a wachs tube cutoff saw http://www.wachsco.com/products/prod...&productnum=22 for 150 dollars. I sold it on ebay for 2200 a couple of weeks later

Comment

So thats what a new one looks like!

If I can figure out where I left (lost) my camera, I'll shoot a pic of mine. Bought it used in 1984, and it was 15-years old then. I ran it 'till I retired for real in 2004, but I still have it, and my neighbor borrows it regularly enough to make it qualify as a real godd tool.

Hank
                            ...from the Gadget Garage
                            Millermatic 210 w/3035, BWE
                            Handler 210 w/DP3035
                            TA185TSW
                            Victor O/A "J" series, SuperRange

Comment

Working...
                            X