Passport Plus w/Spool Gun
    TA185
    Miller 125c Plasma 120v
    O/A set
    SO 2020 Bender
    You can call me Bacchus

thanks Ed, i just puked on my keyboard.

Comment

I couldn't see how much it is gonna cost. Is it the new econo-tig or what?

James
      Miller Dynasty 200DX SOLD
      WeldTec Water Cooler SOLD
      Miller Millermatic 180 w/ Spoolmate 100
      20Ton press
      And lots of Cut-off and grinding wheels
      www.IAGPERFORMANCE.com

Comment

Originally posted by StillBoostin View Post
        I couldn't see how much it is gonna cost. Is it the new econo-tig or what?

James
        'bout 1400
        nope, it's the Retar-Tig

Comment

Originally posted by PUMPKINHEAD View Post
          'bout 1400
          nope, it's the Retar-Tig

You said it! meanwhile were still waiting for the dyn 275!!!!

There is a little puke on my keyboard too.
          Dynasty 200 DX
          Millermatic 175
          Spectrum 375
          All kinds of Smith OA gear

Comment

tig welding for dummies ? WHAT????????

Inferno Forge

Chris

Comment

wow

Im with you guys on this one, I cant see what the target group of users would be. I like the "Aircraft Frames" in the list suggested uses .
              If a guy is building an aircraft that uses a 4130 fuselage etc, the trend has been going back to torch welding with the added complexity and steps needed to Tig the same part safely. And at 165 amps at its duty cycle I cant image much of a use repairing engine castings. So most of the time, a homebuilder commonly starts of with a set of tanks and a decent torch, needed for brazing, welding, hot forming, and aluminum work.....so what will a 165 amp basic TIG unit offer them over what they already have in the OA setup? A shop wanting to get into stainless exhaust repair will probably want a higher end unit like the Dynasty anyway. I dunno about the other markets, but I think they missed the Aviation market here. That and with all the liability...im supprized they would reccomend a machine or process like that, especially with recent trends.

Just my thoughts from a limited market
              -Aaron
              "Better Metalworking Through Research"

Miller Dynasty 300DX
              Miller Dynasty 200DX
              Miller Spectrum 375 extreme
              Miller Millermatic Passport

Miller Spot Welder
              Motor-Guard stud welder

Smith, Meco, Oxweld , Cronatron, Harris, Victor, National, Prest-o-weld, Prest-o-lite, Marquette, Century Aircraft, Craftsman, Goss, Uniweld, Purox, Linde, Eutectic, and Dillon welding torches from 1909 to Present. (58 total)

Comment

Seems like kind of a slap in the face
                I'm not late...
                I'm just on Hawaiian Time

Comment

Originally posted by Aerometalworker View Post
                  .....I cant see what the target group of users would be. .........-Aaron
                  the answer is clear, Miller has been reading it's forums and have come up with a solution to:
                  "i just bought a Dynasty 350, i'm a total noob at welding, never welded before, not arc, mig, tig, nor JB,. can you guys tell me how to use this machine?" and so on.

either that or the marketing and R & D departments have got the primo weed and are sharing it amongst themselves
                  Last edited by PUMPKINHEAD; 06-25-2008, 02:30 PM.

Comment

It's nothing more than the econotig with an inverter power supply and a different box.
                    Syncrowave 250DX
                    Invison 354MP
                    XR Control and 30A

Airco MED20 feeder
                    Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 81
                    Smith O/A rig
                    And more machinery than you can shake a 7018 rod at

Comment

Originally posted by PUMPKINHEAD View Post
                      the answer is clear, Miller has been reading it's forums and have come up with a solution to:
                      "i just bought a Dynasty 350, i'm a total noob at welding, never welded before, not arc, mig, tig, nor JB,. can you guys tell me how to use this machine?" and so on.
                      I agree. Anyone who has been on this or the hobart board for any length of time has seen the influx of newbies asking questions about machines/techniques that are beyond them. In the same way that Hobart responded with the 'ez' brand of mig welders, Miller has introduced a good product for people who need ac/dc tig, but don't need pulsing and multi-voltage capabilities.

If someone is getting offended by it, then they are mistakenly thinking the machine is targeted for them. Guess what, it's not for you.

-dseman

Comment

Originally posted by Bert View Post
                        Seems like kind of a slap in the face
                        yeah kinda makes you want to see RED, seriously i thought Hobart was ITW's hobby level machine, nope even the Hobart badged Econo is more professional orientated than this toy.
                        the new Diversion by Ronco (Miller branch) "Just set it, and forget it"

Comment

Originally posted by Fishy Jim View Post
                          It's nothing more than the econotig with an inverter power supply and a different box.
                          I just puked again.

Comment

pumkinhead , I agree with you the hobart econo looks more pro than that (it coming with tig welding for dummies is what got me )

Inferno Forge

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by dseman View Post
                              I agree. -dseman
                              no, you don't.
                              read betwixt the lines or wait for the edit to be posted.

Comment

Working...
                              X