Looking for air hose/fittings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for air hose/fittings

So I wanna make my own air hoses, here is the idea. We just got a new compressor in our shop, finally a good compressor that should provide enough power for what we do. We were thinking about hard lining/pluming the place, drop downs and all that good stuff. I was talking to my neighbor, and since we have a lease on the building ( 1 year at a time ) , he said do you really want to take all that time, spend money and leave it here when you leave ? I know I could take it down, but its not something I want to do or would look forward to doing. So we came up with the idea of just using rubber lines, clamping them to the wall to make sure they look nice, and do the job as well. I wanna make a few areas near the work benches and some t fittings, so I can just t in a line while I work at that bench, then just take it off when done using it at the table.

So anyways, anyone know of any good sites to find these types of things ? Any advice ? Tips, suggestions ? I know some will think its a bad idea using the rubber lines, but I just think its more practical for our application.
    http://www.rcautoworks.com

http://www.garage-pak.com/
    MM 211 W/ Spoolgun
    Diversion 180
    Spectrum 375 X-TREME
    Portable Victor O/A
    Palmgren Bench Drill Press
    14" Evolution Dry Saw
    IR 60 Gal. 3 HP Compressor
    Speedglas 9100x
    My Brain

Comment

I get most of my lines and parts from the local Parker distributor. They will make custom lines and will sell you all the parts and tools to do it yourself.

Comment

I think I over complicated things, I think menards should have it all.
        http://www.rcautoworks.com

Comment

How long are the runs, what are you using as a dryer, and what size lines do you intend to use?
          Dynasty 200 DX
          Millermatic 175
          Spectrum 375
          All kinds of Smith OA gear

Comment

If I were going to run an air distribution system based on hose, I think my main line would be something sturdy, like 3/4" industrial rubber (like the stuff they use on jackhammers) hose. That would stand up to clamping devices for hanging it on walls, and would be large enough to supply the volume.

Hank
            ...from the Gadget Garage
            Millermatic 210 w/3035, BWE
            Handler 210 w/DP3035
            TA185TSW
            Victor O/A "J" series, SuperRange

Comment

I hate to suggest this, but you might want to consider schedule 80 PVC. I know its not ideal, but its cheap and easy, the schedule 80 should give the safety margin you need. I think a wavy run of rubber will just let moisture accumulate in the dips and i don't think the rubber will hold up all t hat well, besides its probably cheaper than using hose.

I put it to the commitee!
              Dynasty 200 DX
              Millermatic 175
              Spectrum 375

Comment

Please don't take the water pipe route. PVC 40, 80 or CPVC has no safety margin when used for compressed gasses. It is not rated for compressed gasses at all. If you hit a PVC pipe that in under pressure it can shatter and throw shards all over. A steel or copper pipe will dent or leak but not blow apart making shards. Temp and pressure ratings are for non compressible liquids only. Liquids don't expand to 8X compressed volume when accidentally released like 125PSI air will.
                Weekend wannab racer with some welders.

Comment

good point, i figured shed80 would be enough but on second thought its not a good idea.
                  Dynasty 200 DX
                  Millermatic 175
                  Spectrum 375

Comment

I would go copper. When you move a few sawzall cuts and it's down. With the price of copper you may want to disguise it with a coat of paint. Copper is highly " liquid at a pretty good price these days. Just ask any contractor.
                    Dennis

Thermal Arc 185-TSW
                    Millermatic Challenger 172
                    VictorO/A
                    Atlas Craftsman 12 by 24 Lathe
                    Esab PCM-875
                    Wholesale Tool Mill-Drill

Comment

+1 on copper. Cost is about the same as black pipe after all is said and done It is easy to fit up and sweat, fittings are easy to get and there are no internal rust issues. 3/4 for the main and 1/2 for the drops will cover most apps just fine. One user shop and no 75 foot+ long runs 1/2 will work fine.
                      Weekend wannab racer with some welders.

Comment

Working...
                      X