No announcement yet.

skid vs trailer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL..Air ride cab and A/C..We have 4 of these.[2 smaller].these trucks we use for road work. Hydraulic and mechanical repairs, welding etc on aerial and construction equipment. Take care of a 450+ fleet, Our territory is 200 miles long so lots of seat time. Also used to pull trailers with trenchers/excavators etc.
    Last edited by HMW; 04-03-2008, 12:54 PM.
    Scott
    HMW [Heavy Metal welding]

Comment

Nice rig HMW, whose body did you go with? Doesn't look like an IMT from what little I can see. Reading? Looks alot like what I just got custom made from wilcox.

Name:  39374b3a3bf500e4ef186916aede93d8.jpg
Views: 3
Size:  23.2 KB

Name:  737246b3868ecdbede2ad71f20cd38f3.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  18.0 KB

Name:  949729722a26f4aadc131ca38a27b6e9.jpg
Views: 3
Size:  18.0 KB

Comment

skid unit

i phoned that company that LYNX had posted earlier in the thread, 10000 for a base unit, and 15000 for all the bells and whistles. i reallly like the setup and the conveniences of the skid.. but that is a lot of money for a skid.
        07 f350 duallie w/deck
        07 tb302d
        2011 big blue pro 300 cat
        victor torch
        matthey beveler
        assorted hand tools

Comment

the set up is really easy to copy with some changes of course it's not that hard and its a great convenince
          your only as good as # 2 cuz no matter how good you are there is always someone better"
          2006 DODGE Dualy Quad Cab
          PIPELINE IS THICKER THAN BLOOD!!!
          here is all the pictures of my rig www.cardomain.com/ride/2520047/1

Comment

Originally posted by lynx_welding View Post
            i think trailers are a waste altough it does depend one what your doing with itif your working one a fab job were you dont move at all trailer works but if your pipelineing total waste. i dunno i prefer the truck indefinatly. i found a sweet skid set up that i like but would definatly make changes too it's a place out of saskatoon.

www.acemfginc.com click on new products i think it is
            Hey Lynx!! Where have you and your skid been playing? Have you become a Poppa yet?

Comment

i am poppa yet had a baby boy on the 13th had to fly home from GP we were north around Gordondale doing a pipeline reclimation major **** job 5km had to drive home form Grand cache to do a weld perameter test to go to the GP job passed went north had to do Parameter tests every morning before you could weldanything on the job every day. but back to baby 7 lbs and 1/2 oz born at 8:52 pm i was fortunate enough to make it home on time for the whole thing.

were have you and your skid been and is there room for another skid were you are i'm always looking to expand my clientell .but not right now i'm doing a bunch of pipeline and facility around home but if the opertunity arises gimmie a shout just PM me and i'll give you my #

hey do you have any pictures of your canvas on your skid it something im gonna look into for my next one that i'm starting to build
              your only as good as # 2 cuz no matter how good you are there is always someone better"

Comment

Congratulations on the little one!! I have two boys that are teenagers now and I often wish they were still small children. LOL

The job by Gordondale sounds like a real pain. Which oil company was it for? Spectra maybe?? What did they attribute all of the initial failures to? Just wondering?
                Remember, this is the Interweb so the above information may not be 100% correct
                JIM REID
                2004 Lincoln 300D Kubota
                2001 GMC 3500 c/w deck
                Assortment of tools that keeps growing

Comment

tied in toa spectra compressor station form an orleans well site. two seams were lined up on the line and blew out and one weld fault. cracked weld. a company out of athabasca the name started with an R i cna remeber who it was sounds like the x ray company was part owened by them or on the pay roll do miss all those repairs

Comment

Originally posted by lynx_welding View Post
                    tied in toa spectra compressor station form an orleans well site. two seams were lined up on the line and blew out and one weld fault. cracked weld. a company out of athabasca the name started with an R i cna remeber who it was sounds like the x ray company was part owened by them or on the pay roll do miss all those repairs
                    Thanks for the reply!! I figured it maybe had something to do with a Spectra site because they have a bunch of stuff north of Gordondale, they were formerly Duke Energy.

It sure does make one wonder when you hear of line blowouts and they find the seams weren't turned. It has always been my understanding that the XRay hands could see the seams and call cutouts if they were so obviously out. I was helping on an 8" pipeline, near Grande Prairie for Peace Pipe, in '89 and the first seven or eight welds were cut outs because the seams weren't turned. The spread was some choked about that one After that they made sure the seam turner knew what he was doing.

The only contractor that I am familiar with from Athabasca is Lincoln County, not familiar wiith one starting with R. But so many companies popped up in the last three years who can keep track anymore? The initial contractor must be in hot water over the pipeline failures...
                    Remember, this is the Interweb so the above information may not be 100% correct
                    JIM REID
                    2004 Lincoln 300D Kubota
                    2001 GMC 3500 c/w deck
                    Assortment of tools that keeps growing

Comment

Originally posted by Irwelder View Post
                      It sure does make one wonder when you hear of line blowouts and they find the seams weren't turned. It has always been my understanding that the XRay hands could see the seams and call cutouts if they were so obviously out. I was helping on an 8" pipeline, near Grande Prairie for Peace Pipe, in '89 and the first seven or eight welds were cut outs because the seams weren't turned. The spread was some choked about that one After that they made sure the seam turner knew what he was doing.
                      Sorry for the hijack but when they turn the seams how far apart do they turn them 90deg, 180 or somewhere in between? I've never welded any pipe before (I'm not certified to do it either) but I always like to learn more about the different areas of the trade.
                      Thanks in advance.
                      at home:
                      2012 325 Trailblazer EFI with Excel power
                      2007 302 Trailblazer with the Robin SOLD
                      2008 Suitcase 12RC
                      Spoolmatic 30A
                      WC-24
                      2009 Dynasty 200DX
                      2000 XMT 304
                      2008 Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 52
                      Sold:MM130XP
                      Sold:MM 251
                      Sold:CST 280

at work:
                      Invision 350MP
                      Dynasty 350
                      Millermatic 350P
                      Retired:Shopmaster 300 with a HF-251

Comment

when you pipeline they roll the seems to sit at 10 and 2 o clock so that the seems are not alighned and so that if ther is a line blow whatever is in the line desperses up and not down becasue they could have a line blow that is going deeper into the ground and they wouldn't know it

Comment

It makes perfect sense when you explain it like that! I guess today is not lost, I learned something new! Thanks
                          at home:
                          2012 325 Trailblazer EFI with Excel power
                          2007 302 Trailblazer with the Robin SOLD
                          2008 Suitcase 12RC
                          Spoolmatic 30A
                          WC-24
                          2009 Dynasty 200DX
                          2000 XMT 304
                          2008 Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 52
                          Sold:MM130XP
                          Sold:MM 251
                          Sold:CST 280