Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scratch start tig tourch . . .

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scratch start tig tourch . . .

Soooo who makes a good durable relatively inexpensive scratch start tig tourch? Also same thing for a regulator/guage set for an argon bottle, i'm going to be doing some tube work (rollcage) and i really don't want to use stick for the tube work.

i would rather use tig for roll cages. you can use ANY torch for scratch start .
    the basic is weld craft, bu i prefer a weldtech

Comment

Originally posted by mustange70 View Post
      Soooo who makes a good durable relatively inexpensive scratch start tig tourch? Also same thing for a regulator/guage set for an argon bottle, i'm going to be doing some tube work (rollcage) and i really don't want to use stick for the tube work.

I use the 17v weldtec tig torch and love it. It has a flexible head which eliminates different torch sizes. Just like welderman23 said, any torch can be scratch started. I bought a 80CF argon bottle, and a Victor bubble gauge to set the flow.

Comment

gas valve ????

remember if your welder dose not have a solenoid to control gas flow you will want a torch with a gas valve in the handle. other than that just check e-bay for one in the amperage you need.
        what are you planing to use to power the torch? (whats the welder)

Comment

I'm just going to be using a miller dialarc 250P ac/dc, and yes i will need a gas controll on the torch, thanks for the info guys

Comment

Stopped by a local shop and got a pretty good deal on a good torch and flow meter, torch is rated for 150amps (with a gas flow knob, and the tourch seems of good quality) which should be plenty, 30ft of cable for $150, i know i probably could have got one cheaper but i got this at cost (retail was like 240) as well as the flow meter/regulator i got for cost as well, saved bout 150 bucks, also got a collet/nozzle/electrode starter kit for not bad at 35 bucks (3 different sizes) overall pretty inexpensive for around here so i'll get a bottle of AR and start playing this weekend.

Comment

Working...
            X
            Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.