No announcement yet.

New Syncrowave 180SD for $1400?????

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the amp draw is directly related to the weld setting. the higher you turn it up the faster the wheel on your meter for the power company spins. using 54 amp draw at 180 amps welding if my math is right welding at 130 amps you should draw between 39 and 40 amps. if i'm wrong please excuse me I am a little bit tired.
    Joe
    wrench3047@gmail.com

Comment

That makes sense...to me atleast

So, that should be ok if I already have a 40amp breaker hooked up. If ever, I will just upgrade to a 60amp!! Worse case!? The breaker will trip!

Gotta sell my machine...hehe

Or trade it in.
      newbi welder

Comment

Originally posted by cleaver View Post
        That makes sense...to me atleast

So, that should be ok if I already have a 40amp breaker hooked up. If ever, I will just upgrade to a 60amp!! Worse case!? The breaker will trip!

Gotta sell my machine...hehe

Or trade it in.
        Careful! If the wiring form the 40 amp breaker to the machine is only good for 40 amps and you replace the 40 with a 60 amp breaker you could burn down your shop. The wire size must be able to at least carry the amperage allowed by the breaker.

Griff
        Last edited by griff01; 05-24-2008, 09:47 AM. Reason: clarification

Comment

Oh, actually its proabably able to handle a higher amprage.

because its a sub pannel off the main panel which is running at 60amps!

But Ill look into it first before just to be sure, thank you for the look out.

newbi welder

Comment

Chinese Sh*t

Were will you buy the consumables if you buy the Chinese stuff? I never see that stuff at Harbor Freight. Their machines never put out what that advertise. Go Blue!
            Millermatic 210
            Syncrowave 200
            Spectrum 625 X-treme
            Hobart Champion 16 W/
            Miller 8VS Suitcase
            Miller 3035 Spool Gun
            Tons of Tools
            Microwave
            Laptop and Printer
            Speakers in the Back for all to hear Sirius Radio!

Comment

Working...
            X