No announcement yet.

what is your job?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, I'm a British Columbia Journeyman level "A" welder with IP trade qualification, I have CWB certifications in FCAW, SMAW and GMAW in all position.
    I worked on evrything from repairing your computer chair to modifying brand new Caterpillar D9T
    I am working in a machining, welding and fabrication shop in central BC and will be starting at one of the local mine after the long weekend. Yeehaw.

I absolutely love what I do and recommend it to evrybody.
    Last edited by Daniel; 05-16-2011, 07:44 PM.

Comment

qa manager

QA Manager at pressure vessel fabrication facility in Oregon.

Comment

My Job

I am a Fabricator/TIG-MIG Welder for a company that makes parts for military and commercial. Actually I have done alot of prototype stuff for BAE. Even when it was United Defense, (IBAS Shield, 30mm feeder and return chutes, as well as the linbacker ramp.) One job I remember the most for BAE was in 2007 when I made a drill fixture system that was used to mount an armor plate on the bottom of the M2. I absolutly love my job and wish I could do it forever.
        Piss Poor Planning Produces Poor Performance
        Tungsten, Torch, And Talent

Comment

I am a certified pipe welder apprentice (with one cert. working on another) out of the UA 72 from ATL graduated high school and tech school in 2010 and start my pipe fitting school in august.

Comment

I repair the machines that all you welders break. My dad was a union welder/fitter out of local 100 in Dallas before he retired and that's where I learned to weld, in his shop. I really enjoy fixing things so I got my factory certifications from Miller and Lincoln about 5 years ago. Been loving life ever since.

Comment

Weld Engineer at Miller Electric.

Comment

Construction Manager

Contract construction management for the last 15 years with my own company.
                Previously about 13 years with a large power company as Project Supervisor.
                2 pressure vessel and tank companies, one of which was field erected nuclear
                tanks. AWS CWI. 1 year welding school. Worked in a structural fab shop as
                a welder and tig welder building chrome moly crop duster frames.

Old but New

Comment

~30 years ago in college I ran into some guys trying to build a really
                  big computer network to connect all of the world's computers together.
                  We think that someday it will be A Really Big Thing Since then
                  I've been having more fun than decent people should be allowed to have
                  doing software/networking/hardware/standards R&D.

Welding (and the rest of metal fab work) is a hobby -- some garden art, plant
                  structures, a bit of repair work around the house, etc, etc.

Frank

Comment

I know this thread is really old but I was wondering you work at BAE systems in mobile, AL? I've gotten accepted into the AIDT training orientation and will hopefully get accepted into the class. After that I'm hoping to get a Job at BAE and I was wondering what you think about it?

Comment

what is your job?

Boilermaker. Pressure welding and cwb (brain dead welding). We make and maintain the main parts that make power oil steel chemicals etc. anything that runs on steam. As for learning to weld. I haven't learned it all an never will but I know enough to help make the places that make the world go round.

Comment

Welder, fitter, machinist, millwright, inventor, oil refinery operator, welding forum moderator, property managment, chainsaw mechanic, logger...Bob
                        Bob Wright

Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
                        http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48

Comment

what is your job?

Oil field Stainless steel wire feed welder ,
                          24 inch schedule 10 ,
                          And a wine connoisseur !!!

Comment

Christian husband father preacher bible school instructor bus driver and welder.( the last one pays for the rest) I build a lot of pipe fence, corrals, general fab, and repair. All portable out of my rig truck. Really old thread!

Comment

Oilfield production engineer and maint. Roustabout. Semi truck repair. Part time general welding / repair business

Comment

Self employed in the Ornamental Iron buisness,I try and do all my own hand forged work,why sell someone elses work?Use very little cast iron items although I do cast iron welding repair,mostly O/A with cast rods,along of course with mild steel ,alum,SS and brass.Also do some ag and consrtution repair but since I have parked my Big 40 most and I have a small shop 30 x 60 that limits that type of work these days.I also do a little blacksmithing with coal and gas forges as needed for my iron work and am currently rebuilding a trip hammer to put in the mix.I have been a welder since I was 18 in 1976 I have also worked as an estimater for a structual steel company/facility engineer for a bank and did a short stint as a conductor for a railroad,I am also an adjunct welding instructor.

Comment

Working...
                                X