10-4
    I think you will grow to like it more that you think

A

Comment

Originally posted by ASKANDY View Post
      10-4
      I think you will grow to like it more that you think

A
      Oh make no mistake, I like it just fine. I was just expressing that in hindsight, I would have just kept my 300. That said, I have it and can guarantee you I will take it to it's full potential.
      Dynasty 350DX
      Dynasty 200DX TigRunner
      MM 350P
      MM Passport Plus
      Spectrum 375 Extreme
      08' Trailblazer 302

Comment

DYNASTY 350 AUTO-LINE TIGRUNNER,300A TORCH KIT Mfg. List $8882.00
        Yeah right...

Comment

Originally posted by ShieldArc View Post
          DYNASTY 350 AUTO-LINE TIGRUNNER,300A TORCH KIT Mfg. List $8882.00
          Yeah right...
          That's list price though, you can buy them for just under $6800 as a "buy it now" price on Ebay and that's complete with the Tig runner kit.
          Looking at that price from here in Australia I think it's a bargain considering the machine you're getting.
          If I were in the market for a larger machine than my current 300 amp OTC the Dynasty 350 would be 1st on my shopping list. I wouldn't bother going through the distributor here in Oz I would simply buy direct from the USA and get it shipped over privately as we get scr3wed by the distributor over here.
          Regards Andrew from Oz.
          We are tig welders, gravity doesn't worry us.

Miller Dynasty 350 Tig.
          OTC AVP300 AC/DC 300 amp hybrid wave Tig. (now retired)
          Kemppi MLS 2300 230amp AC/DC Tig for home with all the bells and whistles.

Comment

Originally posted by awill4x4 View Post
            That's list price though, you can buy them for just under $6800 as a "buy it now" price on Ebay and that's complete with the Tig runner kit.
            Looking at that price from here in Australia I think it's a bargain considering the machine you're getting.
            If I were in the market for a larger machine than my current 300 amp OTC the Dynasty 350 would be 1st on my shopping list. I wouldn't bother going through the distributor here in Oz I would simply buy direct from the USA and get it shipped over privately as we get scr3wed by the distributor over here.
            Regards Andrew from Oz.
            Im just thinking for the average guy who doesnt need bells and whistles to weld aluminum.
            How would you get warranty work done over there if you bypass the distributor?

Comment

Im just thinking for the average guy who doesnt need bells and whistles to weld aluminum.
              How would you get warranty work done over there if you bypass the distributor?
              When it comes to aluminium I love to play with the settings and my OTC inverter and my new 230 amp Kemppi inverter certainly allow me lots of variables to play with. A lot of weldors I know just like to use the amperage and possibly the AC balance controls to get a reasonable weld, I don't, I want to know what settings do what and to get the very best out of the machine if I can.
              As for warranty, most of the industrial machines only have 12 months warranty and in all honesty with 4 tig machines (Esab DTA 200, Miller Syncrowave 250, OTC AVP 300 and Kemppi MLS 230) we've never had a problem within the warranty period and if it's out of warranty we'll get in a welding technician to find and fix the problem.
              From memory, over the last 7 years we've only had the weld tech guy in 2-3 times at the most and only for minor problems. These machines are pretty reliable and they cop a beating all year round, although the Miller doesn't get turned on much now since I've had the OTC machine.
              Regards Andrew from Oz
              We are tig welders, gravity doesn't worry us.

Miller Dynasty 350 Tig.
              OTC AVP300 AC/DC 300 amp hybrid wave Tig. (now retired)
              Kemppi MLS 2300 230amp AC/DC Tig for home with all the bells and whistles.

Comment

Originally posted by ASKANDY
                About the $$ difference, if one was to compare costs, the list price of the Dynasty 300 Tigrunner at $3971, the D350 TR is barely $300 more. When shopping for the Ferrari of Tig welders, do you really haggle over the $300??
                Yea, where do I find those prices!!! The 350 tr lists at $8295.. My LWS doesn't knock 50% off list!!

Comment

Oops

OOPS, finger typo

Dynasty 300 tigrunner LISTS at $7971
                  Dynasty 350 tigrunner LISTS at $8290

About $300

A

Comment

This is what i see in the single phase DC TIG ratings,

Dynasty200 is rated
                    100amps at 100% duty cycle
                    150amps at 60%

Dynasty300 is rated
                    180amps at 100% duty cycle
                    200amps at 40% duty cycle

Dynasty350 is rated
                    180amps at 100% duty cycle
                    225amps at 60% duty cycle

Syncrowave 250
                    200amps at 60% duty cycle
                    250amps at 40% duty cycle

Syncrowave350
                    300amps at 60% duty cycle
                    350amps at 40% duty cycle

The problem is the Dynastys names are over-rated. The Dynasty200 name is over rated worst, it should be a Dynasty160 or 175 at most.
                    no, you're wrong. the names are actually rated correctly, but the miller specs are under-rated. you can run the 350DX @ 350A on 1 phase power for a decent duty cycle (at least 40% but i didn't measure it). i know because i've done it and it works fine.
                    miller dynasty 350
                    miller spectrum 1000

Comment

Originally posted by RonL View Post
                      I think the niche they need to fill is a 208/230 volt single phase only shop tig machine on the order of the Shopmate 300DX. I would like the single phase capabilities of the dynasty 350DX but it would be foolish of me to spend the money on an expensive 1/3 phase machine that will spend the rest of its life in a single phase shop. I would assume that it would be cheaper to make a single phase 208/230 volt only machine if the sales volume is there. I believe that the sales volume is there as there are many who have single phase only. I think the apparent success of Thermal Arcs 185 AC/DC Arcmaster shows that people will buy a 208/230 volt single phase machine that is cheaper and simpler than the equivalent 1/3 phase machine.

RonL
                      i wouldn't write off the 350DX based on those (rational) assumptions. first, i've found that it runs just fine at full power 350A on 1 phase powere, even though the specs don't say it. second, the cost of a high-quality rotary phase converter is pretty small (~ $900) compared to the cost of the 350DX welder-- and once you have the phase converter then you're guaranteed to get full power from 3 phase input.
                      miller dynasty 350
                      miller spectrum 1000

Comment

Originally posted by ridesideways View Post
                        no, you're wrong. the names are actually rated correctly, but the miller specs are under-rated. you can run the 350DX @ 350A on 1 phase power for a decent duty cycle (at least 40% but i didn't measure it). i know because i've done it and it works fine.
                        No, your wrong...
                        The specs come out of the owners manual..
                        In the 350 manual it says 250amps at 30% duty cycle!!!
                        So why is it called a 350? Because u can weld at 350amps for 1 1/2 minute?
                        Also in the owners manual it says,,, NOTICE − Exceeding duty cycle
                        can damage unit and void warranty.

Comment

Well Im a nut I guess as I like to pay for bells and whistles hence why i bought a full feature aerowave at over 10 k many years ago . Tried the new 350 but honestly It had not one advantage over my aerowave .IMO . Im still kinda old school and prefer to do most of my aluminum with a zirc balled tung .and my frequency at 40 on anything over 1/8" inch with around a 58 to 62 balance and I do run my ep around 130 and my neg up to 300 . I love the pulse etc.. and the abililty to adjust both pos and neg amperage as saves the hassle of going to a 1/8 tung i can use 3/32 for most of my stuff with just a quick change for mild steel moly etc.. to aluminum without changing collets .also on that note though for portable stuff the dyn 200 is the cats bum .
                          Miller aerowave full feature
                          Lincoln power mig 300 with prince gun
                          dynasty 200 dx
                          lincoln sp 135 plus
                          302 trailblazer
                          s22p12
                          powcon starcut
                          cp 400 metal spray

Comment

We absolutely know where our holes are and second, why would we tell the world our long term goals just to have the competition run to fill them.
                            Because the delay in letting people know that you have something on the way to fill a gap can cost you customers. If you lose their business on the next machine, they could change loyalties to another company.
                            Now I know some would say YES, but in the big picture, the industrial customer or heavy Aluminum customer this machine was designed for has no issue with the cost verses the added features.
                            Our plant welds aluminum all day, every day. We sell nothing but aluminum products. From what I have found, the 350 hasn't got any features that help us, but they to confuse/complicate matters for many welders that couldn't chart out a 60%+ Ac wave if their life depended on it. Sad, but few welders actually understand that stuff. Even the ones that do have not seen any benefit. If you have any tips on setting these parameters, I'm all ears though.
                            Be advised, we know what the market wants, and the plans have been on paper long before anyone here thinks they know better.
                            Do you have any mid-year options coming out, or will there be no changes till the next year?
                            I hope this soothes some of your concerns.
                            It's good to hear something, even if it's not something I wanted to hear, or if I don't particularly agree with it. Sometimes no news is bad news.

Comment

No, your wrong...
                              The specs come out of the owners manual..
                              In the 350 manual it says 250amps at 30% duty cycle!!!
                              So why is it called a 350? Because u can weld at 350amps for 1 1/2 minute?
                              Also in the owners manual it says,,, NOTICE − Exceeding duty cycle
                              can damage unit and void warranty.
                              lol yes i know it says those specs in the manual. the manual was clearly written by someone whose intent was to prevent litigation-- the 350DX is just getting warmed up at 250A.

well.. i guess all i can say is enjoy your 250A machine...
                              miller dynasty 350
                              miller spectrum 1000

Comment

Lincoln is about to release their new INVERTEC V305-T Tig machine, now you know why miller hasnt filled the hole, they need to copy the Lincoln machine again. You will be shocked at what this machine will have and do coal.
                                I cant say no more, i'll get shot..

Comment

Working...
                                X