Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dynasty 350 DX: Variable Polarity

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OOOHHHHH YEA!!!!

Competition is good for bizness

Comment

Here it is and its not rated at 15% duty cycle. hahahahaha

Invertec V310-T AC/DC
      Customize the Arc with Dynamic Display

The Invertec V310-T AC/DC is the most technologically advanced TIG welder in its class. The large bright LCD screen shows all of your settings at a single glance. This patent-pending dynamic display changes as you adjust the machine to show the effect of each setting - makes set-up of this full featured machine a snap. Once you get the machine set how you like it simply save your settings to memory for easy recall later. Couple this with inverter arc performance, lightweight size, and low current draw makes the V310-T AC/DC ideal for any shop or field applications like advanced motorsports, aerospace, shipbuilding, and construction.

• Dynamic LCD Display – Shows the effect of adjusting the various welding parameters making setup simple.
      • Adjustable AC Frequency and Selectable Waveshapes – Allows you to customize the arc.
      • Soft, Crisp and AC Stick Modes - Excellent welding performance for all electrode, even E6010!
      • Optional Cool-Arc 35 “Smart” water cooler – Digitally controls the speed of the water cooler’s 3-phase pump motor based on coolant temperature for quiet operation and long dependable life.
      • 208-460 1/3 phase auto-reconnect – Weld just about anywhere with minimal set up.
      • High Efficiency Inverter-Yields extremely low input currents.

Product Name Product Number Input Power
      Rated Output
      Current, Voltage,
      Duty Cycle
      (104F, 40C) Input Current @ Rated Output Output Range HxWxD Net Weight
      Phase Voltage/ Hertz
      Invertec
      V310-T AC/DC K2228-1 Three-Phase 460/50/60 210A/18.4V/100%
      230A/19.2V/60%
      310A/22.4V/40% 7.3
      12.3 3-310 A

Max OCV : 80V 17.3 x 10.6 x 24 75 lbs
      230/50/60 210A/18.4V/100%
      230A/19.2V/60%
      310A/22.4V/30% 13.9
      Single-Phase 460/50/60 200A/18.0V/100%
      220A/18.8V/60%
      310A/22.4V/35% 13.6
      230/50/60 200A/18.0V /100%
      220/18.8V/60%
      310A/22.4V/25% 21.9
      208/50/60 200A/18.0V /100%
      220A/18.8V /60%
      310A/22.4V/25% 24.2

Comment

Interesting. Time will tell if Lincoln has solved the problem of a reduced amperage output while in Tig, squarewave-mode, with high AC frequencies.
        Also, when it comes to duty-cycle ratings, keep in mind that those specified are for GTAW with Argon. SMAW at the same amperage has significantly higher arc voltages and lower duty-cycle ratings to match. Miller's duty-cycle ratings are based on the worse case power draws of SMAW. That said, I'm looking forward to test driving one. Miller has been the King of Tig for a long, long, time. Maybe now they will start to get some real competition from Lincoln.

-dseman

Comment

Dandimand, You have the Cats Bum in the Aerowave,,Absolutely and posatively. I also agree with the Dynasty 200DX comment, I do mostly 1/8" wall Al tubing and it varies alot in quality. The 200 DX makes up for where I am lacking. Rescently I welded some dirty stuff with 3/32" 2% ceriated, 200 amps 60% balance 250Htz and 500PPS unbelievable, shaking the puddle and floating all the crap to the top. Just a slight buzz with a roloc and life is gooood!!!

Engloid while I understand the wave chart, what the additional adjustability does for me is saving me from needing a heavier machine on a shoestring budget. Yes a Traditional machine would do most of it fine, I am just not quite that good and the machine makes up for my inequities. I could wish for your skill, but I play the string I have to the best of my ability. You as with alot of the guys here are craftsmen of the highest caliber.

I commend you all, and thank you for the education you provide.

Peace,

Comment

200dx 350dx...

Defenetly would be great to have dynasty 250 but I guess Miller has its own reasons.
            my first Miller tig was Diversion 160 and with 20% helium mixed with argon I was blasting 1/4 aluminum with no problem putting little buddy into the limit without paying atencion to duty cycle many time.
            I sold it about year ago to buddy of mine and little Diversion is still working with no problems at all.
            After Diversion I got Syncrowave 200 good working horse but it didnt gave me nothing that little Diversion didnt...
            Im getting Dynasty 200dx tomorrow with cooler and all gagets needed, I didnt have extra $ to spend on 350dx and Im not sure how often I'll weld thicker than 1/4 aluminum and if I do I'll add up some helium and I believe with no problem I'll reach about those 250A with it that some of us whine about...
            So lets dont forget how Miller is been good to us by giving us best machines on the market period and not to talk about great customer service... no doubt no one is perfect but these guys are pretty **** close!
            I know one thing and that is that I will always buy Miller and always wave their flag, Thank you Guys and merry Christmas and happy holidays.

Comment

Originally posted by iliyahamovic View Post
              Defenetly would be great to have dynasty 250 but I guess Miller has its own reasons.
              my first Miller tig was Diversion 160 and with 20% helium mixed with argon I was blasting 1/4 aluminum with no problem putting little buddy into the limit without paying atencion to duty cycle many time.
              I sold it about year ago to buddy of mine and little Diversion is still working with no problems at all.
              After Diversion I got Syncrowave 200 good working horse but it didnt gave me nothing that little Diversion didnt...
              Im getting Dynasty 200dx tomorrow with cooler and all gagets needed, I didnt have extra $ to spend on 350dx and Im not sure how often I'll weld thicker than 1/4 aluminum and if I do I'll add up some helium and I believe with no problem I'll reach about those 250A with it that some of us whine about...
              So lets dont forget how Miller is been good to us by giving us best machines on the market period and not to talk about great customer service... no doubt no one is perfect but these guys are pretty **** close!
              I know one thing and that is that I will always buy Miller and always wave their flag, Thank you Guys and merry Christmas and happy holidays.
              Amen to that. You are going to love your 200DX.

Comment

I sold my 300 in order to purchase the 350.

Don't regret it at all. The waveforms are very nice to have, I can justify the price difference.

Now granted all I do is aluminum, and with the 300 out of warranty, 50 more amps, extra waveforms and EN/EP adjustability it was a no-brainer.

Like I said, I use it just about every day and love it.

Kinda see this like the wireless pedal, some may/may not need it. However once you use them, your mind just may change... I sure don't miss kicking that cord around

Comment

Working...
                X
                Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.