Fender brace, 1st milling project

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fun4now View Post
    it dose look neat like it is, but it could only be in the pic. in person it could look entirely different, or it could just be he knows its not supposed to come out like that so it will always bother him if he leaves it like that.
    although it would stand as a reminder to him, he cant buy cheap tooling. although i bet the thing wasn't that cheap to buy anyway.some times even the junk is expensive.
    You are right, it would bother me every time I see it.
    Some of the rounding mill sets I have been looking at run around $250 -$300, and I'm, still not sure of the quality. I'm just glad I only bought 1 Chinese mill. I had a feeling it might be a disappointment regardless of what I was told that it was pretty decent. Maybe my standards are too high but I don't buy this attitude that its good enough for hobby use. Just because I'm not a professional machinist doesn't mean I don't want a good final product. I never could understand the attitude that "its good enough for hobby use."
    To all who contribute to this board.
    My sincere thanks , Pete.

Pureox OA
    Westinghouse 300 amp AC stick
    Miller Syncrowave 250
    Hexacon 250 watt solder iron

Comment

i think "its good enough for hobby use" is not really something you could say about a mill in the first place.
      i don't mind "IGEFHU" if its just about the time it takes to get it done, i suspect they meant it wold work with a little clean up after use and as a hobby guy you have the time. but like you i would want my Mill to work right the first time every time, not know every time i use this tooling i need to allow for cleanup after.
      i think "IGEFHU" has its place, but this is not one of them.
      i hope you can find a better tooling at a affordable price. if you want to look at the glass as 1/2 full...... now you know who not to get tolling from.
      thanks for the help
      ......or..........
      hope i helped
      sigpic
      feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
      summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
      JAMES

Comment

I think the quickest way to turn any one off from a hobby is to give them junk tools to work with, weather they are dull knives to carve with or crappy brushes to paint with. I feel if you can't afford the hobby, its best to find one you can. Of course I know there is exceptions to every rule, but this is my general consensus.

Pureox OA
        Miller Syncrowave 250

Comment

I think the quickest way to turn any one off from a hobby is to give them junk tools to work with
          verry true, hobby is no fun fighting with your tools all the time. you would be better off colecting stamps.
          thanks for the help
          ......or..........
          hope i helped
          sigpic
          feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
          summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
          JAMES

Comment

Originally posted by fun4now View Post
            I think the quickest way to turn any one off from a hobby is to give them junk tools to work with
            verry true, hobby is no fun fighting with your tools all the time. you would be better off colecting stamps.
            Go-cart racing used to be a cheap affordable alternative to car racing, but I was at the track in Beaver and the go-carts they were racing looked pretty pricey. I got a few pics of some regular ones but did not get any of the high end carts.
            I'm not sure if the last 3 pics qualify for go-carts or race cars. They have 500 cc and 1500 cc snow mobile engines.
            Attached Files

Pureox OA
            Miller Syncrowave 250

Comment

way cool toy's.
              les than a real F-1 car, but still not easy on the wallet i bet,
              shore dose look like bit time fun.
              thanks for the help
              ......or..........
              hope i helped
              sigpic
              JAMES

Comment

Working...
              X