No announcement yet.

Welding pics.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You get your feelings hurt pretty easy don't you?

There was no slam, insult or dig at you, only the facts of the situation. That's what these forums are about in my opinion. You may see it different.

Thank goodness you don't get the flak I do here or you'd of left long ago
    i'm all growd up and I can handle the abuse

JTMcC.
    Some days you eat the bear. And some days the bear eats you.

Comment

Originally posted by alha View Post
      Gotcha. Do you have any recommendations as to a brand to buy? Are there any that stand out from the crowd, or is it a personal preference?

I know you didn't ask me, but I do actually use pancakes so I'll throw this in.

I prefer Sarge's, they come in 2 or 3 different depths, so you can use a regular lens, a regular lens with a cheater, or an auto lens with cheater.

Lot's of people like Wendy's, they have a longer, but not as tall, side piece. They also make an extra light (all pancakes are light compared to a bucket hood) model, but they are pretty flimsy. I'm not sure how many depths they make.

It's really a crapshoot as both brands are high quality, both companies are good to deal with and stand behind the product. I've owned both, in fact I've got 3 sarges right now.

JTMcC.

Comment

JT, does either manufacturer you listed offer the Pancake with a shield on both sides? Reason I ask is I am ambidextrous, and I switch back and forth throughout the day, so I don't really purchase equipment designed for "left" or "right" I must admit you guys have me scratching my head on this one. I have never seen such a creation up here before. I viewed a picture on another thread and thought someone was setting up an April's Fool joke. I like to think of myself as fairly open-minded about these kind of things. I might like to try one someday.

Thanks
        Later,
        Later,
        Jason

Professional Spark Generator by Trade.

Comment

speed glass all the way!!iv been in the indusry for close to 15 years now and have used mine for about 9 of them years,done a lot of things with it,its been droped from at least 20 feet{twice**, sat on buy a fat guy had had a couple hundred litres of hot brine (potash mine)dumped on it,and it still wrks fine!!

Comment

Where can you buy Sarge's? Do they have a web site? wendys helmets can be ordered with side pieces on both sides for extra 15 dollars

Comment

Originally posted by ascwldr24 View Post
              Where can you buy Sarge's? Do they have a web site? wendys helmets can be ordered with side pieces on both sides for extra 15 dollars

Sarge's is in Bixby, OK. 918-366-4083

I don't know about two sided models.

JTMcC.

Wendy's has a website.

Comment

3 more!one is the bottem of an oil rig,the other 2 are of a conveayer that was 69 tonns when done
                Attached Files

Comment

Hornell Speedglas

Yeah, I hear you on the Hornell Speedglas. I have a 9000X that is about 6 years old. Still works like brand new. Darn good helmet. Never lets me down, and if it ever does - I have 3 manual backups.

Later,
                  Later,
                  Jason

Professional Spark Generator by Trade.

Comment

ok the pancakes i know what a wendys looks like http://www.wendyspancakes.net/
                    what does a hyde's and a Sarges look like please post pics

Comment

I checked out the pics of Wendys pancakes. They look like they are large. I use a plan old jackson and it works fine. Also sometimes the equipment I work on reguires my head to be close. The pancake looks like it would get in the way. Also the wood frame, is it covered with something and what about sweat on your face, the old welding helmets dont touch your face. Just some dumb questions from someone whos never seen one before
                      Seems like it would make sense for welding during the day, the light behind you is a pain
                      Scott
                      HMW [Heavy Metal welding]

Comment

Mig welding a 8*24 foot lawn trailer. Lots of expanded metal with all contact points welded.
                        Last edited by paulrbrown; 07-17-2008, 04:21 AM.
                        More Spark Today Pleasesigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X