Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest started a topic Aluma Reels

Aluma Reels

got myself a set of 6 aluma reels. 1 oxy\acetylene, 1 propane, 1 electrical, 1 for the remote and 2 for welding cables. These are the best ever. I have worked in many adverse weather conditions with no problems at all. I have worked along side other welders that have shell-ryn reels, and they have gone down for the day because they had to clean the inside of their reels where they make electrial contact.

You can contact mitch 1(204) 774-2285 and he can give you more info on these reels

go to the link below to see a few pictures

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2634106

• Dualie
    replied
    hey cruizer do your remotes work on CV? we do alot of high amp innershield wire here 1/8" 0.072" and even some 5/64" and it would be nice to have a remote mounted near the back of the truck so i don't have to climb up in the back to change it every time i add another 50' of lead.

machines are vantage 500's

Leave a comment:

• weld007
    replied
    What's a set of the aluma reels worth???

Leave a comment:

• ryno
    replied
    thanks for the info, cruizer. i guess there's some b.s. that flies around the old fab table, ha ha.

Leave a comment:

• cruizer
    replied
    Originally posted by ryno View Post
    yes, we have quad plugs in our remotes, but those aren't for running rod ovens or stuff like that. the reason for the power cord reel is for 12 amp service all day long. try that with your remote power and you'll burn it out.
    Of course all remote auxillarys are tied into a 20 amp machine service, and naturally there is a voltage drop.

We won't run a remote with auxillarys past 100'

This limit has little to do with auxillary voltage drop, and has more to do with increased static on the contol lines returning to the circuit boards in a circuit board controled machine. The 120 Vac signal kicks out interference to the dc control

We incorporate a statc drain and control filter in this type of remote but can onlly handle this interferance to a calculated 100'.

If a customer requires an extention we build it without AC power capability.

Our control heads are removable with a twist lock amphenol, making it simple to switch heads, or add an extension.

There is 10 amps of power on the Miller remote amphenols with 20 amps on the Lincolns.

We twin the Millers to a receptacle to gain the extra 10 amps. We (last 7 years) have not had any problems pulling the power from the 14 pin amphenol off the Lincolns. The same size wire going to the recepacles is going to that machine amphenol and out to our remote.

At this time I'd have to say there are over 5 thousand of our remotes in service in the world. Think somebody would have complained that thier pins were burning up.

Leave a comment:

• ryno
    replied
    if your power runs through the remote plugs on the machine, it's only rated for 4 amp service, so you do what you want. if it ties into a 15 or 20 amp plug on the machine you are good to go.
    the reason for the power reel is for convenience. i don't need to carry extension cords in my cabinets. if i'm welding in my tent and my helper needs to go cut a pup off a length of pipe 200' away, he can string out and do that without affecting my work. it's a great idea and i use it every day.

Leave a comment:

• ryno
    replied
    remotes with plugs

yes, we have quad plugs in our remotes, but those aren't for running rod ovens or stuff like that. the reason for the power cord reel is for 12 amp service all day long. try that with your remote power and you'll burn it out.

Leave a comment:

• cruizer
    replied
    Whats your open circuit voltage read...... Should be around 98 Volts. if not you might want to do some easy preventative maintenance.

Leave a comment:

• pipeline Dan
    replied
    Originally posted by cruizer View Post
    No control boards no reel (pun intended) problem. Allota boards with nice "magnetic" relays real problem.
    Cruzier how does a guy know if magnetic field is scewing with your boards?
    I know I have had to turn it down 10ish sometines if a chinook blows in.
    but have had it where the pipepro isn't up to par sometimes, I do how ever
    most of the time burn small rod 3/32-5/32 and the odd time I'll burn 3/16
    but when I do I try and unspool my cables if I have lots of inches to burn.

Leave a comment:

• cruizer
    replied
    No control boards no reel (pun intended) problem. Allota boards with nice "magnetic" relays real problem.

Leave a comment:

• cruizer
    replied
    The magnetic fields also do interesting and erratic things to the circuit boards of your welders, especially on the Ranger, Vantage, Trailblazer and Pro series. Don't much like Steel reels and steel wraps for this reason.

Leave a comment:

• pipeline Dan
    replied
    Originally posted by Portable Welder View Post
    I just got a call from my Pipe Welding buddy, we are here near Detroit. MI.
    He is used to doing gas distribution for the past 18 years a few months ago he decided to sign on with the pipe local out of oklahoma, he said hes currently doing a 42" line in Nebraska, I think he said it was a 1700 mile line.
    He said he's running 3/16 7018 on the root and their having him run a .045 dual shield wire the rest of the way out.
    He said the reels hes been using burned up in about a week ounce he hit the pipe line, he said the guys hes working with wrap their leads and only use reels for the other things.
    Since I've never used a reel I have no experience but am wondering if there are reels that would stand up to this kind of work.
    You have to unroll all your cable if your going to weld big inch/big rod.
    If you dont the magnetic field is way to hot for any kind of spool.

Leave a comment:

• Portable Welder
    replied
    I just got a call from my Pipe Welding buddy, we are here near Detroit. MI.
    He is used to doing gas distribution for the past 18 years a few months ago he decided to sign on with the pipe local out of oklahoma, he said hes currently doing a 42" line in Nebraska, I think he said it was a 1700 mile line.
    He said he's running 3/16 7018 on the root and their having him run a .045 dual shield wire the rest of the way out.
    He said the reels hes been using burned up in about a week ounce he hit the pipe line, he said the guys hes working with wrap their leads and only use reels for the other things.
    Since I've never used a reel I have no experience but am wondering if there are reels that would stand up to this kind of work.

Leave a comment:

• cruizer
    replied
    What the hech are you guys talken about, remotes with no plugins??

We make over 80% of the welder remotes in the Western Provinces, all have quad plugs ins.

Every major rental firm have our remotes as well in Alberta.

Alumureels are the best in the live reel market. We don't support anyonther type of live reel. Shylrin is the next best though they are not live.

Every thing in Canada is a little more expensive, a 300D Remote will run in at $425 Can, powder coated steel remote case, quad receptacles, magnetic mounts, shock mounted rheostat. polar flex cable ect.

The Miller's or Lincolns cc/cv units have a choice of 1turn, 3 turn or 10 turn control, detachable heads, quad receptacles, and magnetic mounts

Leave a comment:

• fun4now
    replied
    Wicked one,
    I go to the link but I can't find a truck or aluma reels. Jef

don't know if you got threw to the pic's yet or not but here they are encase you didn't.

thebeenman
    welcome to the site, always good to have new input. great looking setup.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

Working...
X