No announcement yet.

Aluma Reels

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No control boards no reel (pun intended) problem. Allota boards with nice "magnetic" relays real problem.

Comment

Originally posted by cruizer View Post
      No control boards no reel (pun intended) problem. Allota boards with nice "magnetic" relays real problem.
      Cruzier how does a guy know if magnetic field is scewing with your boards?
      I know I have had to turn it down 10ish sometines if a chinook blows in.
      but have had it where the pipepro isn't up to par sometimes, I do how ever
      most of the time burn small rod 3/32-5/32 and the odd time I'll burn 3/16
      but when I do I try and unspool my cables if I have lots of inches to burn.
      DODGE 1 TON 6.7
      PIPEPRO 304
      TO MANY TOOLS
      JUST WELDING IN CIRCLES
      rig welders are like wheelbarrows hard to push around
      and easily upset
      go flames go

Comment

Whats your open circuit voltage read...... Should be around 98 Volts. if not you might want to do some easy preventative maintenance.

Comment

remotes with plugs

yes, we have quad plugs in our remotes, but those aren't for running rod ovens or stuff like that. the reason for the power cord reel is for 12 amp service all day long. try that with your remote power and you'll burn it out.

Comment

if your power runs through the remote plugs on the machine, it's only rated for 4 amp service, so you do what you want. if it ties into a 15 or 20 amp plug on the machine you are good to go.
            the reason for the power reel is for convenience. i don't need to carry extension cords in my cabinets. if i'm welding in my tent and my helper needs to go cut a pup off a length of pipe 200' away, he can string out and do that without affecting my work. it's a great idea and i use it every day.

Comment

Originally posted by ryno View Post
              yes, we have quad plugs in our remotes, but those aren't for running rod ovens or stuff like that. the reason for the power cord reel is for 12 amp service all day long. try that with your remote power and you'll burn it out.
              Of course all remote auxillarys are tied into a 20 amp machine service, and naturally there is a voltage drop.

We won't run a remote with auxillarys past 100'

This limit has little to do with auxillary voltage drop, and has more to do with increased static on the contol lines returning to the circuit boards in a circuit board controled machine. The 120 Vac signal kicks out interference to the dc control

We incorporate a statc drain and control filter in this type of remote but can onlly handle this interferance to a calculated 100'.

If a customer requires an extention we build it without AC power capability.

Our control heads are removable with a twist lock amphenol, making it simple to switch heads, or add an extension.

There is 10 amps of power on the Miller remote amphenols with 20 amps on the Lincolns.

We twin the Millers to a receptacle to gain the extra 10 amps. We (last 7 years) have not had any problems pulling the power from the 14 pin amphenol off the Lincolns. The same size wire going to the recepacles is going to that machine amphenol and out to our remote.

At this time I'd have to say there are over 5 thousand of our remotes in service in the world. Think somebody would have complained that thier pins were burning up.

Comment

thanks for the info, cruizer. i guess there's some b.s. that flies around the old fab table, ha ha.

Comment

What's a set of the aluma reels worth???

Comment

hey cruizer do your remotes work on CV? we do alot of high amp innershield wire here 1/8" 0.072" and even some 5/64" and it would be nice to have a remote mounted near the back of the truck so i don't have to climb up in the back to change it every time i add another 50' of lead.

machines are vantage 500's

Comment

Working...
                    X