Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

new but not so new rig

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new but not so new rig

well here is my rig, my truck was put together about 3 months ago but i have been lazy with so pics, i switched from a box unit to a deck ,

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w...IMG_2816-1.jpg
    http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w...s/IMG_2819.jpg
    http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w...s/IMG_2817.jpg

Real nice looking rig. I've never seen an insulated welder cover before, but at least I don't have to ask if it ever gets cold out your way!

Comment

Great looking truck/rig. Where do you live? I've never seen an insulated welder cover either... of course Im in Houston

Comment

Originally posted by M1.30-'06
        Great looking truck/rig. Where do you live? I've never seen an insulated welder cover either... of course Im in Houston

edmonton alberta canada, but i mostly work around ft mac, so it gets alittle cool there in the winter

Comment

Nice Rig! What do you do near ft. mac?

Comment

Originally posted by Burninrod View Post
            Nice Rig! What do you do near ft. mac?

i am working at albian sands, i am doing some pipeline inspection till the summer most likey and then getting tranfered to another mainline job

Comment

Hey good looking rig, if they could stay nice and shiney like that forever EH!
              I tryed for a long time to keep my boxes clean like that but man it was alot of work. So now I leave it until spring and get them to polish the doors. I think I pay good $$ to the guy who does it, but it looks good when he's done I'll bet it would cost alot to do your whole back part, I wonder if a guy could spray some kind of chemical on them to keep them like that I'll
              bet the boys down south have some kind of stuff they use, do tell if you do.

Comment

rig

Originally posted by jberger View Post
                well here is my rig, my truck was put together about 3 months ago but i have been lazy with so pics, i switched from a box unit to a deck ,

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w...IMG_2816-1.jpg
                http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w...s/IMG_2819.jpg
                http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w...s/IMG_2817.jpg
                Is that a deck from express trailers in bc? how do you like it , any cracks yet? what do you and your rig weigh? Did someone steal your cables? Jef

Comment

Let me know if you guys need a full insulated cover for a Vantage 300/400, Ranger 305G, Classic 1, or 3 series.

Ours are embroidered, and way $$$ cheaper than you can get them custom made as we order in bulk

Comment

cover

Originally posted by cruizer View Post
                    Let me know if you guys need a full insulated cover for a Vantage 300/400, Ranger 305G, Classic 1, or 3 series.

Ours are embroidered, and way cheaqper than you can get them anywhere.... period.

We've got them in stock.
                    Could you post some pictures of them?? Jef

Comment

Looks virtually identical to the one pictured for the classics, except for the cutout for the exciter housing. And embroidered "Classic" on both sides.

If your in Edmonton, just go to my shop at 9336 60 Ave

Comment

Originally posted by cruizer
                        Looks identical to the one pictured for the classics, except for the cutout for the exciter housing. And embroidered "Classic" on both sides.

If your in Edmonton, just go to my shop at 9336 60 Ave
                        whats your shop name

Comment

Weld Alert Ltd

We also have a branch office in LLoydminster as well as Edmonton.

We didn't have the Classic 2 covers made, the Classic 1 & 3 covers have full rad doors and if you have a kubota engine with the speed knob, we've made provisions for that as well.

The Vantage and Ranger covers fit well though must be installed in a warm area as we made these to form fit the machines.

All are nicely embroidered

780 214-(WELD) 9353 in Lloydminster
                          780 887-(WELD) 9353 in Edmonton

Comment

Watch Out For Shiny Sprays

Originally posted by pipeline Dan View Post
                            Hey good looking rig, if they could stay nice and shiney like that forever EH!
                            I tryed for a long time to keep my boxes clean like that but man it was alot of work. So now I leave it until spring and get them to polish the doors. I think I pay good $$ to the guy who does it, but it looks good when he's done I'll bet it would cost alot to do your whole back part, I wonder if a guy could spray some kind of chemical on them to keep them like that I'll
                            bet the boys down south have some kind of stuff they use, do tell if you do.
                            I just had to say, I do alot of work with alu. highway tanks and the only guy's who love shiny more than welders is truckers. The company has spent alot of time & $$$ on chemicals that first off, just don't work and second, have ruined some very slick finishes even when all the precautions are followed. So far, some elbow grease and alu. rim polish has worked the best for me.

Comment

i use brightener on aluminum on my rig, but its a different kind of finish, makes it look not shiny like, but clean light grey dull like, almost white, looks good to me, but I know a lot of guys like to be bliunded by there shiny aluminum, so its not for every guy, but it sure is eacy to keep clean, you wont find me wasting my time off rubbing metal, i got other things i'd rather to do involving wifey than truck.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.