Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

cunifer

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cunifer

I have been looking for companies that are involved with welding cunifer,duplex and superduplex pipe,but my searches only seem to bring me back to the uk websites. i was wondering if they were trade names specific to the uk and if anybody knows what they are called over here.

Cunifer = CuproNickel?
    Duplex and SuperDuplex are High Alloy and Higher Alloy stainless steels. and don't seem to be Elfland specific

Comment

dupes

Originally posted by GAZ700 View Post
      I have been looking for companies that are involved with welding cunifer,duplex and superduplex pipe,but my searches only seem to bring me back to the uk websites. i was wondering if they were trade names specific to the uk and if anybody knows what they are called over here.
      You won't see a lot of superduplex. But you will see duplex just not a lot , the only duplex I've done was for dow chemical and albian sands in fort mac. We're kinda set in our way's when it comes to the super alloys. Jef

Comment

Originally posted by PUMPKINHEAD View Post
        Cunifer = CuproNickel?
        Duplex and SuperDuplex are High Alloy and Higher Alloy stainless steels. and don't seem to be Elfland specific
        ah ok idont suppose there will be much call for cunifer either then 90/10 and 70/30 copper/nickel's the composite

Comment

ah ok idont suppose there will be much call for cunifer either then 90/10 and 70/30 copper/nickel's the composite
          I used to do a lot of both. I don't really know what your question is though.

Comment

Originally posted by Engloid
            I used to do a lot of both. I don't really know what your question is though.
            I was trying to search for any company's that welded cunifer up in calgary, but the searches only came up with company's in the uk. I was just wondering if it was called a different name up here

Comment

I was trying to search for any company's that welded cunifer up in calgary, but the searches only came up with company's in the uk. I was just wondering if it was called a different name up here

Here, you can hear it called Cupro-nickel or copper-nickel...but I've never heard it called cunifer.

Comment

I dont really know what the question is either but outokumpu in sweden makes duplexes and superduplexes I have been welding alot of it lately well 2507 and regular 2205 duplex. Most of what i have done went to Dow also.

Comment

hi

bae surface ships in the uk weld cuni pipe im 1 of the welders , its heard its a pain to weld and is banned in some countries and poisonous , if anyone knows anymore let me know

Comment

hello

Originally posted by bully View Post
                    bae surface ships in the uk weld cuni pipe im 1 of the welders , its heard its a pain to weld and is banned in some countries and poisonous , if anyone knows anymore let me know
                    i worked with kuni 20 years ago, i think it was used for low pressure application
                    (toilet waste pipework for the production platforms we built at rgc in methil, fife) im sure it was banned on mainland europe and the u.s. at that time. we were told to wear disposable overalls.... i never did....

im sure that copper had a high arsenic content years ago, its something to do with the smelting process.

Comment

mark.c

Iam welding super duplex as we speak now great to weld but you have to keep the heat input down. Also I did a lot of aluminum pipe welding 100% xray, I saw on your forum that guys couldn't get a bead through on the overhead position, believe you me you can , if you know the technique. I did the quality procedures for a company in great Britain

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.