Matching Lincoln Serial # to Year of Manufacture

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matching Lincoln Serial # to Year of Manufacture

There is an dude calling himself "rafter g welding" in Jourdanton Texas selling a copy (taken directly off my website, wrinkles, smudges and all) of the list that matches Lincoln Serial number to year of manufacture, for $2.00 each

If you or anyone you know needs or wants to check the date on your old Lincoln do me a favor and don't pay anyone two bucks, take a look for free

Work must be pretty slow in Jourdanton.

JTMcC.
    Some days you eat the bear. And some days the bear eats you.

i'm prety sure the year of manufacture is in the ser# on all Lincolns isn't it? at least the last two digits anayway?
    The one that dies with the most tools wins

If it's worth having, it's worth working for

Comment

Originally posted by tigman250 View Post
      i'm prety sure the year of manufacture is in the ser# on all Lincolns isn't it? at least the last two digits anayway?

Not on old ones.

JTMcC.

Comment

I don't think Lincoln put the year in there until 1999. Since then, this has been the formula:

Sample: U1990306789

U made in USA, C canada, etc
        1 Made in Cleveland plant
        99 made in 1999
        03 made in March

06789 rest of serial number ... no meaning.

Machines with earlier serial numbers you must call Lincoln for date of manufacture, or just do the smart thing and check out JT's site and see some nice welding at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by JTMcC View Post
          There is an dude calling himself "rafter g welding" in Jourdanton Texas selling a copy (taken directly off my website, wrinkles, smudges and all) of the list that matches Lincoln Serial number to year of manufacture, for $2.00 each

If you or anyone you know needs or wants to check the date on your old Lincoln do me a favor and don't pay anyone two bucks, take a look for free

Work must be pretty slow in Jourdanton.

JTMcC.

I've seen that guy matter afact he was tryiong to sell me a old lincoln redface welder but he was to far away from me and have seen him on ebay selling that paper.

JTMcC what is your webpage? I'd like to look at this list you're talking about because I have seen old lincoln welders for sale near me but don't know the year of them and would like to know because then I can tell if there all copper or aluminum windings Thanks

Chris

Comment

JT has a very nice website. It is well worth the visit for anyone who hasn't been there.
            Jeff

Comment

siteing

Originally posted by J hall View Post
              JT has a very nice website. It is well worth the visit for anyone who hasn't been there.
              What is JT's website address??? Jef

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked one View Post
                What is JT's website address??? Jef

www.firstratefabricators.com

Comment

very impressive website, real nice.

Comment

Originally posted by MAC702 View Post
                    I don't think Lincoln put the year in there until 1999.

There are two 1998 models out in the yard right now and both have the year in the serial number.

JTMcC.

Comment

There are two 1998 models out in the yard right now and both have the year in the serial number.

JTMcC.
                      Good to know, JT. I'll amend my data. My info came from a Lincoln E-mail when I asked them the very same question a few years ago. Thanks.

Comment

We have 2 classic II's, one is a 95 and one is a 97 and both have years in the serials.

Comment

Well, so much for quoting Lincoln...

Comment

I've seen your website before, long time ago very cool website Thanks

Chris

Comment

Working...
                            X