L29 swaped into a half ton chevy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L29 swaped into a half ton chevy

Swapped a 1999 L29 454 into a 96 c1500. Still has all factory emissions and vats for l29. Bone stock but tons of pulling power. Also used 4l80 trans. Complete swap, cold ac and all gauges and lights operational. Did not tune pcm for performance...just a good daily driver hopefully...only thing that needed welding was exhaust.
    blue stock,
    miller shopmaster 300, s22a feeder, s30 spool gun, hf251, arc pig
    miller maxstar 150 STL
    miller maxstar 210
    miller a bp 330
    non blue,
    Lincoln weldanpower 150 1982 model
    esab plasma
    Hobart ironman 210, spool gun
    victor oxy acy set
    thousands of snap on tools, 3 large boxes and tons of automotive equip.

Looks like it was born there

Comment

Thanks but gm did most the work for me. All direct bolt in. Just changed the engine harness a little. Had to splice it to the original 305 under hood harness. Added a factory gm vats module then used a resistor to trick it into thinking it had the chip key. Has evap, egr, converters and more...everything the doner 3/4 ton burban had under the hood fit right in. I wish I had pics of my old bronco. Called it the fresh squeeze, looked like ojs high speed chase truck. Had 95 bronco that I swapped in a 97 7.3 powerstroke, zf 5 speed and borgwarner 1 ton transfer case. It looked like ford put it in. Used stock front suspension with F250 coils rated for the 7.3. That thing would blow a 8.8 out in a second. Built it in summer of 2010,had to sell when my dad passed in 2012.
      blue stock,
      miller shopmaster 300, s22a feeder, s30 spool gun, hf251, arc pig
      miller maxstar 150 STL
      miller maxstar 210
      miller a bp 330
      non blue,
      Lincoln weldanpower 150 1982 model
      esab plasma
      Hobart ironman 210, spool gun
      victor oxy acy set
      thousands of snap on tools, 3 large boxes and tons of automotive equip.

Comment

Excellent job have been done. Swapped 1999 L29 454 to a new look to 96 c1500.

Comment

Working...
        X