No announcement yet.

the "Raunchero"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's already trussed. We think this axle tube was bent from the start and we just never checked it. It's bent in the opposite direction you'd think it would be if you warp the the living daylights out welding it. Plus it's the short side. I think we can a pie out of the truss on the bent side and bend it back pretty easily.

Comment

Originally posted by ryanjones2150 View Post
      It's already trussed. We think this axle tube was bent from the start and we just never checked it. It's bent in the opposite direction you'd think it would be if you warp the the living daylights out welding it. Plus it's the short side. I think we can a pie out of the truss on the bent side and bend it back pretty easily.
      Cool...........

Pls post pics...as you do... am sure many would be interested...............

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
      Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
      Dynasty 200DX
      Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
      Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

Comment

Had chance to work on that bent dif yet..............

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
        Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
        Dynasty 200DX
        Millermatic 200

Comment

Oh ya, it was so easy with the right tool that it wasn't even much fun. I just wish we had decided to try and run her earlier on. <br />
          <br />
          Been looking at the standing mile, we'd have to made quite a bit of modifications to the car, especially the cage, to be allowed to run 200 mph. I mean, we COULD just show up and take our chances. If we hit 200, I have no doubt the race director would not be impressed with our lack of compliance with their safety requirements. It's not off the table just yet.

Comment

Oh ya, it was so easy with the right tool that it wasn't even much fun. I just wish we had decided to try and run her earlier on. <br />
            <br />
            Been looking at the standing mile, we'd have to made quite a bit of modifications to the car, especially the cage, to be allowed to run 200 mph. I mean, we COULD just show up and take our chances. If we hit 200, I have no doubt the race director would not be impressed with our lack of compliance with their safety requirements. It's not off the table just yet.
            A Safe 200 Mph Run....Would be MONDO-COOL-OLA.................

My Blue Stuff:
            Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
            Dynasty 200DX
            Millermatic 200

Comment

Oooohhhh yyyyyaaaaa.....

Comment

Might have been her last passes for a while today. But she went out with a bang....ran 9.84, 9.81 and 9.79...she'll be back, but the power plant is going into our next big adventure....

Comment

Might have been her last passes for a while today. But she went out with a bang....ran 9.84, 9.81 and 9.79...she'll be back, but the power plant is going into our next big adventure....
                  Motor go away...???........

My Blue Stuff:
                  Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
                  Dynasty 200DX
                  Millermatic 200

Comment

That engine is a beast. That transmission is bullet proof. We're pulling them out and putting them into a real drag car. We will be putting something back in the ranchero, and if all goes as planned, will be able to yank it out of one car and stick it in the other, no problem. That also gives us the opportunity to make some improvements to the ranchero, like serious weight shaving and chassis and suspension upgrades. Still haven't washed her either.

Comment

• Originally posted by ryanjones2150 View Post
                      That engine is a beast. That transmission is bullet proof. We're pulling them out and putting them into a real drag car. We will be putting something back in the ranchero, and if all goes as planned, will be able to yank it out of one car and stick it in the other, no problem. That also gives us the opportunity to make some improvements to the ranchero, like serious weight shaving and chassis and suspension upgrades. Still haven't washed her either.
                      How about a 460 with a pair of Ebay Tubos... ??..........

plenty of junkyard stock block Chev LSX turbos pounding the quarter............why not a Ford...??....

My Blue Stuff:
                      Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
                      Dynasty 200DX
                      Millermatic 200

Comment

• We were actually talking about playing with either turbos or a blower. We have a line on a super charger, might be able to make a trade.

Comment

We were actually talking about playing with either turbos or a blower. We have a line on a super charger, might be able to make a trade.
                          whatever you guys do...............

I am betting it will be Cool.... Quick... & ... Fast

( still looking for that 200Mph standing mile run..... )

My Blue Stuff:
                          Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
                          Dynasty 200DX
                          Millermatic 200

Comment

..ran 9.84, 9.81 and 9.79.....
                            Just curious.. you are running 1/4 miles right? Its been Sooo long since I've been to the track, but use to go all the time in 90's to Penwell, TX and Hobbs, NM.

Just wonder if you were ever racing there at the same time?

My father races:

Candy apple red 64' falcon tubed for large slicks with a small block turning 10.30s in the 1/4.
                            74' vega pretty much stock with a good cam turning 14s in the 1/4, but could be a daily driver car.
                            rebuilt 98' beretta with a 638ci and kinsler fuel injection system and turns 8.10 in 1/4 miles --- the previous beretta named "Chapter 11" burned to the ground at the end of the hobbs race track. Threw a rod out the oil pan and went down in flames.

Might have crossed paths and never knew it.
                            Last edited by clint738; 03-10-2017, 02:57 PM.

Comment

We were actually talking about playing with either turbos or a blower. We have a line on a super charger, might be able to make a trade.
                              some very basic but BRUTALLY EFFECTIVE turbo builds

No Lipstick.... No party dress BUT...boy o howdy ................do these things SLAY

https://www.youtube.com/user/denmah

My Blue Stuff:
                              Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
                              Dynasty 200DX
                              Millermatic 200

Comment

• ...looks like fun....<br />
                                <br />
                                Ya, 1/4 mile. It takes that far to get that beast up to speed at 4050 lbs. <br />
                                <br />
                                Never been to either of those tracks. Only time we've run this thing outside of our local, backwoods track is drag week.

Comment

Working...
                                X