No announcement yet.

the "Raunchero"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haven't moved much on anything. Just got our hands on a supercharger, might put that on the Bamchero in place of the nitrous. Haven't even rebuilt the rear shock mounts that we broke during drag week. Just felt like running the beast again.

Comment

I sure need to check back here more often! I was at Gateway on the first day and watched most of the feeds. I would have liked to be able to meet you this time around but next year if you punish yourself through it again will be good. Thanks for the great play by play. Jeff.
      200DX 350P 625 Plasma & other stuff I forgot

Comment

WELL... YOU MADE HOT ROD MAGAZINE...!!!!!...

Click image for larger version

Name:	HotRodRanchero.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	99.7 KB
ID:	564590

Feb 2016 Issue... Page 47.....

Last edited by H80N; 12-09-2015, 05:02 PM.

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
        Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
        Dynasty 200DX
        Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
        Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

Comment

They called the other day asking for some more specs on the Bamchero. Supposed to be more coming out in next month's mag and the roadkill mag is supposed to come out this Friday. Probably be in that. Being the only crewman (crew chief of one!) most of the stuff will be about Mike. He's the real genius behind it all anyway. Next month's hotrod Mag will have more on the street eliminator class, which is what most were in, including us.

Comment

See top of page 80 of March 2016 Hot Rod Magazine.........................

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
            Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
            Dynasty 200DX
            Millermatic 200

Comment

Ya, we got a pretty spread for such a small deal.

Comment

Originally posted by ryanjones2150 View Post
                Ya, we got a pretty spread for such a small deal.
                Not so small a deal.... Mondo Cool...

But would still like to see it in the standing mile......

200 MPH Brick...???....
                Last edited by H80N; 01-19-2016, 03:10 PM.

My Blue Stuff:
                Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
                Dynasty 200DX
                Millermatic 200

Comment

Drag Week this year is most likely out, found our rearend housing is bent...and that was just the thing that put us over the budget we set. <br />
                  <br />
                  Looking at the standing mile...<br />
                  <br />
                  Two things going for us:<br />
                  <br />
                  1. Our lug pattern just so happens to be the same as nascar wheels, which we know can stand up to that speed and duration.<br />
                  2. We're friggin' nuts. <br />
                  <br />
                  We shall see.

Comment

Drag Week this year is most likely out, found our rearend housing is bent...and that was just the thing that put us over the budget we set. <br />
                    <br />
                    Looking at the standing mile...<br />
                    <br />
                    Two things going for us:<br />
                    <br />
                    1. Our lug pattern just so happens to be the same as nascar wheels, which we know can stand up to that speed and duration.<br />
                    2. We're friggin' nuts. <br />
                    <br />
                    We shall see.
                    COPIED THIS OVER FROM ANOTHER THREAD

The Bamchero...was going back to drag week, but we found some serious trouble with the rear end, so we're considering other options. <br />
                    <br />

Ryan

you might look at the dif from a late model COP Crown Vic....... mounts different... but they have BIG disk brakes.............

My Blue Stuff:
                    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
                    Dynasty 200DX
                    Millermatic 200

Comment

I did my drivers test in the station wagon version of that car. All of my buddies parents had wagons at that time. Pre SUV's...Bob
                      Bob Wright

Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
                      http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48

Comment

I love old wagons turned into drag cars. "Always bet on the old wagon..." My uncle Larry used to say. <br />
                        <br />
                        We don't want to dump any money back into swapping a rear end at the moment...we have a plan for something....narrower....soon. <br />
                        <br />
                        But, I did get a tool to straighten this one. If we can get it straightened out, then the October standing mile down in Corpus Christi could be next on the radar. But, after reading the stupid rules (which are always a bummer), we have some things to consider. Dang it. But I guess it's all for safety's sake.

Comment

But, I did get a tool to straighten this one. If we can get it straightened out, then the October standing mile down in Corpus Christi could be next on the radar. But, after reading the stupid rules (which are always a bummer), we have some things to consider. Dang it. But I guess it's all for safety's sake.
                          Progress....

Any Luck...??

Pics..???

My Blue Stuff:
                          Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
                          Dynasty 200DX
                          Millermatic 200

Comment

Hadn't got to it yet. The tool is basically just a rod and end cap, slides down inside the axle tube, you chain it down to the table and use a press to bend it whichever way you need to. Keep bending until the cap on the end of the "axle" slides into place of the bearing. It's done quite a bit with dirt track cars, although I've never done it. Apparently the circle track guys do this sort of thing all the time.

Comment

Hadn't got to it yet. The tool is basically just a rod and end cap, slides down inside the axle tube, you chain it down to the table and use a press to bend it whichever way you need to. Keep bending until the cap on the end of the "axle" slides into place of the bearing. It's done quite a bit with dirt track cars, although I've never done it. Apparently the circle track guys do this sort of thing all the time.
                              Ryan

here is an article on the process for the Ford 9"

http://www.crankshaftcoalition.com/w...ar_end_housing

and a good thread on the HAMB

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/t...ousing.393748/

Plus a bunch of YouTubes

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...housing+repair

My Blue Stuff:
                              Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
                              Dynasty 200DX
                              Millermatic 200

Comment

Originally posted by H80N View Post

Ryan

here is an article on the process for the Ford 9"

http://www.crankshaftcoalition.com/w...ar_end_housing

and a good thread on the HAMB

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/t...ousing.393748/

Plus a bunch of YouTubes

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...housing+repair

Once straight... are you planning on welding on a truss to reinforce it....???
                                would guess that you are well ahead of me on this..............

JEGS has one for $43..... seems cheap insurance

http://www.jegs.com/i/Allstar+Perfor...FYg7gQodL9INpA

Last edited by H80N; 09-02-2016, 09:36 AM.

My Blue Stuff:
                                Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
                                Dynasty 200DX
                                Millermatic 200

Comment

Working...
                                X