No announcement yet.

the "Raunchero"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No shame in getting knocked out when you guys turned a 9 second ET...against pro built 8 second turbo s10 that was 1000lb lighter

What an AWSOME Week....all the way around....

Attached Files
    Last edited by H80N; 09-19-2015, 03:09 PM.

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

Comment

the "Raunchero"

And what you may not have seen was the bit of genius at the starting line. So at this point in the race finals, there was five of us left. The fastest car gets a pass, the other two get to chose who to run. Instead of running each other, the fast car chose to run us. The truck runs 8.50s, we have to work hard to run 10.0s flat...

What you may not have seen was when the S-10 pre-staged, we pre-staged, the S-10 lit the stage light, wound up his turbos...and we did nothing...as soon as he let the turbos spin down, we staged, lit the tree and launched. Screwed that dude up big time. That's an old top fuel tactic. We broke out by running under 10.0 anyway, but what a way to end it!!

As I understand it, some other forum has nicknamed our car the "Bamchero" and the announcers started calling me the Bamchero dude. Bamchero crew chief is more like it, but dude is close enough.

What a week.

Comment

Originally posted by ryanjones2150 View Post
        And what you may not have seen was the bit of genius at the starting line. So at this point in the race finals, there was five of us left. The fastest car gets a pass, the other two get to chose who to run. Instead of running each other, the fast car chose to run us. The truck runs 8.50s, we have to work hard to run 10.0s flat...

What you may not have seen was when the S-10 pre-staged, we pre-staged, the S-10 lit the stage light, wound up his turbos...and we did nothing...as soon as he let the turbos spin down, we staged, lit the tree and launched. Screwed that dude up big time. That's an old top fuel tactic. We broke out by running under 10.0 anyway, but what a way to end it!!

As I understand it, some other forum has nicknamed our car the "Bamchero" and the announcers started calling me the Bamchero dude. Bamchero crew chief is more like it, but dude is close enough.

What a week.

Ryan

Freiburger renamed you... It's on the video from last night....

he was one of the announcers....(not to mention Hot Rod Mag Guy)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...igABIY#t=22697
        Last edited by H80N; 09-19-2015, 07:30 PM.

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
        Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
        Dynasty 200DX
        Millermatic 200

Comment

The streaming video replays for the week are worth watching....

You guys got a TREMENDOUS amount of positive airtime....

http://www.hotrod.com/events/drag-week/

Last edited by H80N; 09-19-2015, 08:52 PM.

My Blue Stuff:
          Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
          Dynasty 200DX
          Millermatic 200

Comment

the "Raunchero"

I appreciate the support! I know it's pretty much me and you, H80N, here chit chattin', but I hope some others have found some enjoyment in ready our banter.

That was a brutal event on a drag car (any car for that matter!) and very demanding on us as individuals. I'm gonna go home now and sleep until Tuesday.

Comment

I for one have enjoyed the exchanges. I know nothing about racing but you guys obviously have it together. Great job! Thanks for posting.

Comment

the "Raunchero"

Well I don't know about having it together, considering we've never drag raced until this last May!

The bracket race was especially surprising, we weren't even sure how it all went until that day!

The heads up racing on Saturday was challenging. There are no classes, just everyone against everyone. So there were some really far eschew races, but nobody MADE us bring a 10 second car to the track.

Glad you enjoyed the read though!

Bamchero Dude

Comment

Well, you sure had something together for the kind of showing you made. Very impressive, and very cool!

Comment

Ryan

any anecdotes.. or lessons learned that you would care to share with us...??

you guys really packed a lot into that week.....

My Blue Stuff:
                    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
                    Dynasty 200DX
                    Millermatic 200

Comment

Its real east to try and take the kitchen sink with you on the trip. But it was the littlest of repairs that gave me the biggest fit...

Along the way, we stopped at this tire shop to get our new slicks mounted to the rims. While Mike was instructing the tire shop guys on how to properly mount a drag slick, I found a small piece of wood that held the tool box in place had succumbed to the bouncy bounce of the mid-west's ice eaten roads. I guess the seventeen staples I put in that strip of wood wasn't enough. So what was the one thing I DIDN'T have in my arsenal? Wood screws. I ran across the street to NAPA, surely they'd have something, with the "NAPA know how..." and all that. They darn sure had some "know how"...knew how to take my money. The best thing they had was some 1.5" stainless sheet metal screws that cost me nearly $5 for a pack of 8 of them or something ridiculous like that. That was my only hope. So I bought them and got back to the trailer. Ask yourself this...When was the last time I drove some 1.5" screws into plywood with a screwdriver? And it still isn't fun...At least I had some drills to make pilot holes.

Comment

A little wax on the screws reduces the pain a bit.....

My Blue Stuff:
                        Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
                        Dynasty 200DX
                        Millermatic 200

Comment

GENIUS!!

Comment

Wooden boatbuilders like to dip them in hot Beeswax..........they have been doing it for a couple of centuries...

My Blue Stuff:
                            Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
                            Dynasty 200DX
                            Millermatic 200

Comment

Cooler weather now, took the Bamchero out to the track just for grins, no changes except the old tune and carb jets we used to run on this track, made three passes...9:97...9:93 and 9:89....badabing.

Still haven't washed her.

Comment

Originally posted by ryanjones2150 View Post
                                Cooler weather now, took the Bamchero out to the track just for grins, no changes except the old tune and carb jets we used to run on this track, made three passes...9:97...9:93 and 9:89....badabing.

Still haven't washed her.
                                Very Cool..!!

any more thoughts on the standing mile.....??...

My Blue Stuff:
                                Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
                                Dynasty 200DX
                                Millermatic 200

Comment

Working...
                                X