the "Raunchero"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the "Raunchero"

Teflon tape is a really bad idea. We used paste thread sealer where necessary, like pipe dope.

The AN fittings got no sealant.
    Last edited by ryanjones2150; 08-17-2015, 01:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ryanjones2150 View Post
      Teflon tape is a really bad idea. We used paste thread sealer where necessary, like pipe dope.

The AN fittings got no sealant.
      I figured... but had to ask....

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
      Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
      Dynasty 200DX
      Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
      Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

Comment

The top solenoid is the nitrous one, we needed to turn 90 degrees, and those brass fittings are what we had so it's what we used. You can see it's mostly AN, but what isn't got sealer, like going into the manifold.
        Attached Files

Comment

Ryan

sure hope that during Drag Week you have the time to give us updates....

ET times.... Adventures and PICS...

ETC.. Etc.... inquiring minds.. want to know...

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
          Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
          Dynasty 200DX
          Millermatic 200

Comment

the "Raunchero"

I think I can manage a little of that. Been tied up busy last week and this weekend and all this coming week for last minute prep. A little bit of welding, some re-wiring and packing out little trailer with probably too much stuff. But ya know, the one part I don't take is the one part we'll need.

Comment

Nice readRyan and H80N, I should have known your a gear head since you know Chris R.

My child hood friend is Beebe Motor Sports, His wife drives the car, She won Pinks All out about 5 years ago in a Pacer Station wagon that they borrowed from a friend because their motor was blown, The guys couldn't believe they got beat by a girl in the ugliest car known to man kind.

Comment

Originally posted by Portable Welder View Post
                Nice readRyan and H80N, I should have known your a gear head since you know Chris R.

My child hood friend is Beebe Motor Sports, His wife drives the car, She won Pinks All out about 5 years ago in a Pacer Station wagon that they borrowed from a friend because their motor was blown, The guys couldn't believe they got beat by a girl in the ugliest car known to man kind.
                I for one am really looking forward to hearing Drag Week progress/adventure reports
                from Ryan and his gang on the road...&.. Dragstrip

I really like the Q-Ship idea with a raggety exterior.. stuffed with monster mechanicals...
                Perfect guise to get the pretty boys to laugh at .... JUST BEFORE... they get their doors blown off....
                Last edited by H80N; 09-09-2015, 06:14 PM.

My Blue Stuff:
                Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
                Dynasty 200DX
                Millermatic 200

Comment

the "Raunchero"

We didn't even want to put a scoop on the hood, but we couldn't fit the engine in without a scoop or a big hole. But even so, guys that know just look at it and smile. We get tons of looky loos in the pit after our first run of the day at the strip. People just can't believe how good it runs. I tell people not to get too close, they'll end up wiping off my strategically place dirt and greasy hand prints.

Comment

You guys should be on the road by now and unless I misread the entry list this is the "RAUNCHERO"

Michael Peevey Warren, TX US 1973 Ford Ranchero; White Super Street Big Block Power Adder 8 - 9 seconds

My Blue Stuff:
                    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
                    Dynasty 200DX
                    Millermatic 200

Comment

the "Raunchero"

We head out tomorrow morning as soon as we get off duty here at the fire station. We're packed and ready!

Mike is the driver and a mechanic savant. I packed the gopro, but I usually forget to use it.

Comment

We head out tomorrow morning as soon as we get off duty here at the fire station. We're packed and ready!

Mike is the driver and a mechanic savant. I packed the gopro, but I usually forget to use it.
                        768.76 miles12 hrs 33 mins Between Beaumont, TX & Madison, Il

http://www.mapquest.com/#f376f889288fc5dd4c7d532a

And that is BEFORE the competition starts

http://www.hotrod.com/events/drag-week/

My Blue Stuff:
                        Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
                        Dynasty 200DX
                        Millermatic 200

Comment

the "Raunchero"

My biggest fear is tech inspection. After combing the rules for the umpteenth time, it appears we failed to install a locking transmission dipstick. That $150 part could ruin the week. So we'll fabricate something in the morning before we leave and hope it passes. If not, we're screwed. If it was a GM product, we might be able to find something between here and there, but it's a ford. We'll see.

Comment

My biggest fear is tech inspection. After combing the rules for the umpteenth time, it appears we failed to install a locking transmission dipstick. That $150 part could ruin the week. So we'll fabricate something in the morning before we leave and hope it passes. If not, we're screwed. If it was a GM product, we might be able to find something between here and there, but it's a ford. We'll see.
                            Worst case... How about AIRCRAFT SAFETY WIRE...???

My Blue Stuff:
                            Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
                            Dynasty 200DX
                            Millermatic 200

Comment

the "Raunchero"

Depends on what they'll accept. Certain things they require a part that has been specifically manufactured for that purpose. I'm delaying our start so I can hit the speed shop quick. I'll get whatever they have, which will almost certainly be for a GM product. Then we'll adapt it before tech.

Comment

AUTOZONE

TCI Auto/Gold dichromate finished transmission filler tube with locking dipstick assembly for Ford C6 transmissions with 460 engines

Part Number: 743815

http://www.autozone.com/transmission...es/862611_0_0/

Not Vehicle Specific

Part Number: 743815

Pick Up In Store:
                                Order in Store

Ship To Home:
                                Special Order
                                Ships within 3-5 business days.

My Blue Stuff:
                                Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
                                Dynasty 200DX
                                Millermatic 200

Comment

Working...
                                X