Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.


  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maxal 4943 Filler Rod

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Maxal 4943 Filler Rod

    Hi Guy's
    Would anyone have a source for the Maxal 4943 other then Hobart,seems they only sell it in 10 lb. lots, I really don't need that much,any help is appreciated.

    Thanks Dean,

    Happy Holidays to all.

  • #2
    Originally posted by Engine Builder View Post
    Hi Guy's
    Would anyone have a source for the Maxal 4943 other then Hobart,seems they only sell it in 10 lb. lots, I really don't need that much,any help is appreciated.

    Thanks Dean,

    Happy Holidays to all.
    Have you checked for local stocking dealers??

    http://www.hobartbrothers.com/where-to-buy.html

    and checked this thread??

    http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...Casting-repair

    Comment


    • #3
      Thank you,

      I did not see the where to buy tab.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Engine Builder View Post
        Thank you,

        I did not see the where to buy tab.
        Welcome aboard..!!!

        You are about 180 miles south of us...

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by H80N View Post
          Welcome aboard..!!!

          You are about 180 miles south of us...
          Hi,
          Where are you located? And i have another question how do i list my equipment on the bottom of a post so it stays there?

          Dean

          Comment


          • #6
            Sent you a PM...

            Comment


            • #7
              Well,I got some of this,and it really welds nice.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Engine Builder:315619
                Well,I got some of this,and it really welds nice.
                Lets see some pics!

                Comment


                • #9
                  1 cyl Honda busted case

                  Originally posted by Gingerboy View Post
                  Lets see some pics!
                  Below is thread boss with 4943 filler welded back to broken lower case
                  section. The break was first tacked, then gouged with carbide burr
                  prior to welding out.
                  These disposable Honda small engines are much lower quality casting
                  (porosity, recycle AL, internally dirty) than the vehicle heads and blocks.
                  Name:  3721c1e79f260242a4a9e2845af9e642.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  153.2 KB

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X
                  Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.