Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blower Plenums and IC Tubes

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blower Plenums and IC Tubes

I've started a new project making intake and discharge plenums for my supercharger and IC tubes all out of aluminum.

I am a hobbiest welding learning this stuff on the fly as I do project on my car. Generally speaking a quality weld produced by me sticks the two pieces of metal together and doesn't leak.....beauty has nothing to do with it.

But yesterday the stars were aligned or something and this happened.

Name:  d8ed99b9bbf49f0c1f2735d2b3b07e2f.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  41.4 KB

Unfortunately it's on the bottom where noone can ever see it.

I'm welding all the joints on both sides, the outside is going pretty well the inside.......stuck together and doesn't leak. I spend alot of time grinding tungsten on those inside welds.

Is there a trick to welding an inside box corner where three sheets come together?

Looks like you're getting there. You just need more heat....
    Originally posted by Brian Oatway View Post
    I've started a new project making intake and discharge plenums for my supercharger and IC tubes all out of aluminum.

I am a hobbiest welding learning this stuff on the fly as I do project on my car. Generally speaking a quality weld produced by me sticks the two pieces of metal together and doesn't leak.....beauty has nothing to do with it.

But yesterday the stars were aligned or something and this happened.

Name:  d8ed99b9bbf49f0c1f2735d2b3b07e2f.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  41.4 KB

Unfortunately it's on the bottom where noone can ever see it.

I'm welding all the joints on both sides, the outside is going pretty well the inside.......stuck together and doesn't leak. I spend alot of time grinding tungsten on those inside welds.

Is there a trick to welding an inside box corner where three sheets come together?

Comment

Working...
    X
    Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.