Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

TIG and MIG wielding

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TIG and MIG wielding

What is the TIG and MIG?What is the purpose of this to sheet metal?

TIG and MIG wielding

I don't understand the question
    Kevin

Comment

That's an odd question to ask on a Miller forum but tig stands for tungsten inert gas and mig is metal inert gas, mig uses a gun with self fed wire to weld while tig uses a tungsten tip and a filler rod to weld, that's as broad as I can explain it, try asking a better question

Comment

Millar
        the nature of your question.... leads me to believe that...You have a lot of learning/reading to do before even a detailed answer to your question will make sense... you need an introduction to the basics

There is a tremendous amount of information in the resources section... I think you will find it invaluable in learning the Art and Science of welding..

http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...g-your-skills/

Enjoy!!!
        Last edited by H80N; 05-25-2012, 11:09 PM.

Comment

That's a nice way to put it, haha.

Comment

Originally posted by Cgotto6 View Post
            That's a nice way to put it, haha.
            We all had to start learning somewhere.... I applaud the guy for trying to learn.... there is not one of us that hatched out of the egg fully infused with knowledge.. It is just wonderful how many learning resources there are available these days free of charge... there was virtually nothing available when I started some 44 years ago....

Comment

That is so true. Forums are one of the best resources around. There is a dedicated forum for practically anything now days. Can't beat the knowledge of real world users, all compiled in one place.

Comment

Working...
              X
              Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.