Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drag race projects

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drag race projects

Monza BBC Headers!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by dtr2214; 12-26-2011, 07:51 PM.

Racetech Dragster front half project.Name:  e384d3adf532622333edad2a39a1748a.jpg
Views: 2
Size:  121.0 KBName:  db99f001d45352a303d34de3bc35358e.jpg
Size:  109.0 KBName:  faadea7fa541dcf03dcb3dd10a65679b.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  105.4 KBName:  63ddc9b13906e7b9cc3778239ddcb419.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  93.2 KBName:  911e9d1f59e58d31b6224e7ee8552f3e.jpg
Size:  93.2 KB
    Last edited by dtr2214; 12-26-2011, 07:50 PM.

Comment

Just wondering if that is a repair from a crash or fatigue crack replacement. I have seen a few fatigue issues on a couple of other brands after a lot of laps. It looks good! Jeff

Comment

Its a fatigue issue, have done several this year. I guess our tracks are pretty rough! Thanks

im doing a mullis at the moment, also have an adkins and a spitzer coming this weekend. Been pretty busy so far this winter.

Comment

The ride in the trailer seems to be worse than any track(at least on Illinois highways)! Most around here use a bag under the car. I almost went the dragster route a couple of times but I still have the old door car. Oh well...think spring as we have new owners for Gateway up here, we missed a season with Dover closing all of their racing operations. Word has it that There is a full season of specialty races as well as a decent bracket series on tap for this year. Hopefully a couple of 10k mega buck races in there too. Any way sorry to get off topic...just nice to think racing a little, JEFF

Comment

I agree on the hauling point, ive seen some serious abuse on some guys cars. I baby my dragsters and have not had any issues, but some seem to have alot of problems, but thats also good for me! LOL! anyway good luck on the up coming season! David

Comment

mullis front clip

few pics of mullis front clip
              Attached Files

Comment

mullis front clip

Attached Files

Comment

The welds on the headers are kinda of sloppy but the dragster welds are very nice. Im glad i wasnt interested in buying that mullis when it was for sale lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Slab_Fab View Post
                    The welds on the headers are kinda of sloppy but the dragster welds are very nice. Im glad i wasnt interested in buying that mullis when it was for sale lol.
                    Ever weld any mild steel headers? The materials used in those J bands is about the highest grade of garbage that the steel mill can shovel off the floor and still make metal from. His welds don't look bad at all all things considered. That's why I always talk my customers into upgrading to stainless anymore. Properly fit and purged it can be sanitary welded and look perfect inside and out. Here's one of my last dragster chassis..

Last edited by Gunner12R; 02-20-2012, 08:37 AM.

Comment

Thats kick ass, I like it, looks like your doing a very good job, would love some finished pics, And just some food for thought i dont know if you purged them while welding but it helps a ton. Keep up the good work and post more pics

Comment

drag racing

Cool welds!

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.