Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which tig? Invertec 160T or Maxstar 150 STH?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which tig? Invertec 160T or Maxstar 150 STH?

Looking to purchase a dc only tig welder next month and have been looking a lot at these two machines and was wondering what everyone thinks of them and which you would suggest going with? I know this is a miller site but does anyone have any experience with the lincoln? Welder will primariy be used for doing work on my cars(turbo kit, stainless headers, chassis work, etc) and don't plan to do any aluminum. Both welders are dual voltage, and portable which I like and the lincoln has a better duty cycle of 130amps at 100% vs the millers 100amps. Thanks!

After looking around and reading about the two and not hearing any negatives about either machine I decided to go ahead and get the Lincoln invertec 160T mainly due to its better duty cycle rating and will be picking one up from my LWS next month!

Comment

Working...
    X
    Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.