Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tig suggestions

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tig suggestions

I am in the market for a Tig machine for my home shop. It will be used primarily for automotive use. I have done some research and have decided on Diversion 180 or Syncrowave 250DX would love a dynasty but dont think i can quite afford it. and the syncrowave seems to be able to handle thicker steel. Pros and cons on each machine would be nice. Portability is not that important, and i have an old lincoln buzz box for an arc welder but like the idea of having a machine with both.

any help would be greatly appriciated.

I don't understand the reasoning.

You're comparing a basic, entry level inverter to an industrial grade transformer machine. No question in my book. The Syncrowave wins.

But, while on the subject, if you're looking at the Syncrowave 250 (and not the Sync 200) I think you'll find that the Sync 250 and the Dynasty 200 cost almost exactly the same.

If you don't need the extra amps the Sync 250 provides, the Dynasty 200 is a difficult machine to beat for overall performance. By the time you add the pulser option (about $100/owner installed) to the Sync 250, you're right at the price of a Dynasty 200 DX.

Comment

id look for a pre dx syncrowave 250

Comment

Its all in what your looking to spend, is portability a big issue for you? If so Id look into the Dynasty series.

Comment

Working...
        X
        Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.