I have a 1991 Jeep Wrangler that purchased 2 years ago and I have tried to do many of the repairs on the Jeep myself and with the help of some family members.
I have a couple of rust spots that need to be repaired, I looked on Craigslist and found a brand new aftermarket Jeep CJ 5 driver side body panel< its doesnít exactly fit my jeep but parts of this body panel COULD be welded on to replace some of the rust holes that exist on the current body panel.
I talked to a couple of people about taking it in and getting the work done, this is super labor intensive and expensive. I have more time than money, and I think I will feel a great satisfaction if I learn how to weld, cut out the existing rusted panel, cut up the CJ Body panel and weld it to the 1991 Wrangler.
I have been told that it will be impossible for a guy like me to complete such a project. This makes me want to learn how to weld all that much more
1. WHAT KIND OF WELDER WILL I NEED? 110 MIG WELDERS?
2. WHAT KIND OF TRAINING WILL I NEED? CAN I GET A DVD + WATCH THAT
3. DO I REALLY NEED TO TAKE A 16 WEEK WELDING COURSE?
4. ARE THERE SHORTER MORE SPECIFIC CLASSES I COULD TAKE 6 WEEK COURSE?
5. COULD I JUST BUY A USED/ OR RENT A 110 MIG WELDER + PRACTICE ON SCRAP METAL?
6. I LIVE IN THE CHICAGOLAND AREA, IS THERE ANYONE WILLING TO SHOW ME HOW TO USE A MIG WELDER? AS A GOOD DEED OR WE COULD FIGURE OUT SOME SORT OF PAYMENT
PLEASE ADVISE I AM LOCATED IN LAGRANGE PARK ILL
I APOLOGIZE FOR THE LENGTH AND IF I WENT INTO TOO MUCH DETAIL ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED