Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Muncie Transmission Repair

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Muncie Transmission Repair

This is a repair that a client brought into the shop a while back from a 1967 Chevelle. The ear had broken off and he was wondering if he found another case if I could swap the internals over. I told him sure but I bet I could repair that case and save you some money as well as time trying to locate a suitable case.

I cut the broken ear off and cut through leaving the cast gussets attached. I fabricated a new ear off the dimensions of the old and then welded it on while bolted to the bell housing.

When the customer came to get it he was very pleasantly suprised that he couldn't see where it was repaired. I don't know what he expected other than he said he thought he would see all the weld on there. After painting it should look like new. Thanks for looking, Mike.

Muncie Trans. Continued

Here are the remaining pictures. Mike.

Comment

Nice job. Definetly saved the guy a wad of cash instead of buying a new one.

Comment

transmissions

re: rebuilt transmission

Thanks for the info. Will follow up when I know more.
        I wish I did not have an auto trany

Comment

Working...
        X
        Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.