Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need A356 tig rods

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need A356 tig rods

where can I buy a356 aluminum tig rods.I have not been able to get from the local weld suppliers around here they say that they can not order them with out ordering 60 lbs. and the price for 60 lbs. is over $ 2000.00 Welding supply .com has them listed for 30 dollars per lb no min. when I add them to my order They said no longer made.shipped everything I orderd, but the A356.I really need a few pound in my shop as someone is always bring in cast aluminum items that need repair.

Me too. If you find a place a post

Comment

Try these two suppliers......................

Originally posted by popsfarming View Post
      where can I buy a356 aluminum tig rods.I have not been able to get from the local weld suppliers around here they say that they can not order them with out ordering 60 lbs. and the price for 60 lbs. is over $ 2000.00 Welding supply .com has them listed for 30 dollars per lb no min. when I add them to my order They said no longer made.shipped everything I orderd, but the A356.I really need a few pound in my shop as someone is always bring in cast aluminum items that need repair.
      http://www.lawires.com/

http://www.astrolite.com/

You could also try Indiana Oxygen (the main branch in Indianapolis) , maybe they would be the first choice costwise.

Comment

4043 works well for a356, it color matches well and takes any heat treatment that is to be done after welding.

Comment

Working...
        X
        Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.