Project car pics!!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BB94Mustang
    very cool!! keep the pics coming as the project progresses....

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

Comment

some work on my SS. My small friend is helping me out with the heater box.

Hoping to run 9.80's NA on a stock bottom end 346 ls1, 6 speed manual. Previous best was 10.9, with 439 rwhp, the new setup should make a little over 500 rwhp, and as you can see, we are losing some weight. And bending up a new 10 point cage.

Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0485.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	39.8 KB
ID:	508640 Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0491.jpg
Size:	28.9 KB
ID:	508641 Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0488.jpg
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	508642 Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0465.jpg
Size:	37.9 KB
ID:	508643
      Last edited by Badd00SS; 08-15-2010, 10:34 PM.
      Voigt Precision Welding, Inc.

Miller Dynasty 200 DX, Miller Syncrowave 250, MillerMatic 252, Hypertherm Powermax 45, Auto Arc Trailpower 8000,272+187 lb Peter Wright anvil, 120 lb Fisher-norris, and more! Buffalo drill press, Grizzly Horiz. Bandsaw, Edwards shear, Barth Shear, bantam mechanical ironworker, Hopkins fly press, Doall Bandsaw, brown and sharpe surface grinder.

2007 Silverado 2500HD (tow vehicle)
      2000 Camaro SS (Race car)
      sigpic

Comment

@ BB94 Mustang, nice little project you have going there. Should run some good times once you get all the suspension dialed in, and the right combo going.

@ Badd00SS Nice looking project you have going as well. I've seen some more pictures of your car, and its pretty sweet.

The wheel studs on my truck are 9/16-18 on the front hubs at least. I do believe all the equipment is original (as the brake booster is the correct style...with the right brass proportioning block that is 10 times too big...)

It is possible that someone did the 73-87 spindle swap on this truck...though, doubtful, because it would likely have been converted to 5 or 6 lug. I am going to hit up a truck salvage yard, pick up, and see if I can use a newer 2002+ C20 spindle, with or without some modification. It would be a nice brake upgrade, as well as fitting a larger, more popular rotor, newer wheel bearings, and they make lift spindles, that I can actually find.

The motor I built will be heading off to dynoland on monday, I will be getting a dyno sheet in the email. The mark I am looking for is 500hp, and 500ft lbs. If I get that, I will be very happy.
        Precision is only as important as the project...if you're building a rocket ship...1/64" would matter. If you're building a sledgehammer...an 1/8" probably wont.

Comment

http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...rewall-project

here's mine.

Comment

Originally posted by BB94Mustang View Post
            Here is some pics of mine. Its a 94 mustang that I've fully gutted and removed all weight from it that I can and has fiberglass hood and front bumper. Has full team z front suspension (not installed yet) and going with all team z for the rear aswell. Has strange struts up front and strange coilover in the rear. Picking up the 8.8 housing thursday from the chassis shop had it narrowed and braced and 9' housing ends put on. Plan is to swap a Ls1 into the car and run 10.0 index next yr then in a yr or two try and move up to 8.50 index or run some 275 drag radial.

Got all of the rear suspension order up. Got in on a group sale with trz motorsports and having them bring me up a set of their double adjustable upper and lower controll arms, spherica bushings, anti roll bar, coil over mounts, afco big gun double adjustable shocks.

Comment

all pics are awesome
              Travel Packages India | Private Investigators Delhi India

Comment

Had the motor dyno'd today. Started out with a baseline of 390hp, and 469 ftlbs.

At the end of the tuning session, had 448hp @5400, and 503 ft lbs @4100. Had about 2000 RPM worth of 460+ ft lbs. I have a feeling this motor is going to pull like a freight train in the truck...if I can keep traction.

I have a sheet (though not currently on my computer) and I should be getting an email (of the same) as well as a link to a video of a pull on you tube. The guy was really cool about the whole thing, definitely had a good time spinning it. I'll add a link/picture when that happens.

All in all, not bad for a 468 big block chevy on a budget, with pump gas and 8.5:1 compression.
                Precision is only as important as the project...if you're building a rocket ship...1/64" would matter. If you're building a sledgehammer...an 1/8" probably wont.

Comment

Here is the first rebuild of my old truck, It had and incident with a falling tree and it is a new project now, No pics except the old Blue truck. The bumper is a bit overkill but what the heck!
                  Attached Files

Comment

The bumper is cool.... keep sending pics as it progresses.....

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
                    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
                    Dynasty 200DX
                    Millermatic 200

Comment

One project leads to another it seems...in needing to work on my truck, I ended up building the guy that runs the shop a bumper for his 92 Bronco.

I just finished mounting it to the frame the other day, still need to mount the fairlead and the skid plate.

My project is getting wiring at the moment...slowly but surely.

Here's a picture of the engine set up on the dyno though. I still havent scanned the dyno sheet in.
                      http://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/i...d03ed6ce42.jpg

Pictures are in the following order:

Modified piece of 3x3 1/4" tube to slip into the frame rail, and mount bumper.
                      http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/i...f9c1b5c63f.jpg

Test fitment on vehicle after everything was welded solid
                      http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/i...d80c0948b1.jpg

One of the welds on the side of the winch plate
                      http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/i...8046c174d1.jpg

A picture that shows how sturdy this **** thing should be
                      http://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/i...7691f79724.jpg

I built it out of 1/4" plate, and 1.5" sq x .125 wall.

Comment

Very cool.... that bumper looks plenty stout...
                        keep the pics coming... want to see that camper special as it progresses..

My Blue Stuff:
                        Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
                        Dynasty 200DX
                        Millermatic 200

Comment

here is my continuing project. 1957 3100 1/2 ton truck. getting ready to lower it just a bit more. sbc 350/th350 with dropped straight axle and power brakes.

Syncrowave® 200
                          Lincoln AC/DC 225/125
                          Lincoln Weld Pak 100 wire feed

Comment

Still working on it, it's sitting in the corner of the shop now waiting for the next cam, and oil pump.

12.2:1 compression on stock pistons 346 ci LS1. Pistons flycut .090" for valve clearance, .036 MLS head gasket, cnc ported then hand finished ls6 heads milled .080 and chambers welded from64 cc to 58 cc, 2.00 hollow stainless intake valve, 1.55 hollow stainles exhaust valve. Both tuliped and undercut. Cam is a custom grind 247/252 duration @ .050 .647/.647 lift. 109 lsa, 107 ICL.

Intake is a custom ported edelbrock supervic with a fast 4bbl throttle body. I made the aluminum an block adapters from 1/2" aluminum.

Long way to go still, but it's coming along...Click image for larger version

Name:	t4peng.jpg
Size:	64.7 KB
ID:	508913
                            Last edited by Badd00SS; 10-01-2010, 07:19 PM.

Miller Dynasty 200 DX, Miller Syncrowave 250, MillerMatic 252, Hypertherm Powermax 45, Auto Arc Trailpower 8000,272+187 lb Peter Wright anvil, 120 lb Fisher-norris, and more! Buffalo drill press, Grizzly Horiz. Bandsaw, Edwards shear, Barth Shear, bantam mechanical ironworker, Hopkins fly press, Doall Bandsaw, brown and sharpe surface grinder.

sigpic

Comment

That should be a really sweet engine when you get it in the car, looks awesome on the stand.

As promised, a few more pictures of my old chevy.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._7033088_n.jpg
                              http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._4696683_n.jpg

And a scanned image of the dyno sheet, and graph.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._6937167_n.jpg
                              http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._6328893_n.jpg

I just put the front end parts on the other day...waiting for more stuff, like springs and such. Hope to have the engine/trans in it by the end of this weekend. As soon as I have a video of the engine running, either in or out of the truck, I'll try to link to that as well.

Comment

Well, just got off the dyno, made 502 hp to the rear wheels, 400 ft lbs torque. Stock rod's, pistons and crank, 346 ci... made 500 hp @ 7100 rpm and carried 490 all the way to 7600. Should do 9's in my 2800lb camaro.....

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X