Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

83 Ford frankenstein

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 83 Ford frankenstein

Hey, I have an 83 ford f-150 that i would like to restore in the future. It was my first truck i bought. It has been sitting a while now that i got my new truck. i would normally start it up every couple of days. but about 9 months ago i think someone tried to steal it and riped my whole sterring column up. When i bouth the truck the guy told me that the stering column was from a ford car, motor from a 66 fairline. My question is i was trying to figure out how to wire a switch from the wires on the column(cheap for now) but have had no luck. Is there any sites anyone has to help me figure out what wires i need to hook up to get this thing running agiain. I am not sure what year car it came out of and i am not a mechanic so not sure what i can do. Any help would be nice. Thanks.

You'll want a switch (ignition) and a button (starter). Any Chilton book will have a wiring diagram to explain what wire goes were.
    http://www.summitracing.com/parts/REB-150-3400/ here. Or you can go to a Radion Shack and get the switches. Make sure your starter switch is intermintant.

Comment

Working...
    X
    Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.