Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Motorsport Tig Welding Schools?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motorsport Tig Welding Schools?

Are there any other motorsport tig welding schools other than Lincoln Motorsport? Do we have to go to the red side?

Thanks

Originally posted by Darkstar1 View Post
    Are there any other motorsport tig welding schools other than Lincoln Motorsport? Do we have to go to the red side?

Thanks
    Not that I am aware of outside of some technical schools ( i.e. Hot Rod U ). The big issue I have with welding companies teaching classes, is that they are naturally biased to whatever technology they are selling. Remember, their classes are a form of advertising. Lincoln management likes to play this game of "teaching" and promoting themselves as the "welding experts". The problem is, as mentioned, they push THEIR technology, even if another technology is better for a given application, just because they sell it. They have been caught on several occasions giving out bad advise, or advise on a subject they have no experience or authority on. I for one applaud Miller for keeping it "professional" and not following the circus act of Lincoln at some trade shows.

Comment

Darkstar1 -

I believe that you may be looking at this backwards. Excellent tig welding skills can get applied to motorsports, but very rarely do excellent tig welding skills come from the motorsports field.

I would concentrate on emproving your tig skills through practice and application. After your experience is gained, you will realize that motorsports tig welding is not anything special. Quality tig welding, however, is special.

Comment

Originally posted by GTA/SPEC View Post
        Darkstar1 - I would concentrate on emproving your tig skills through practice and application. After your experience is gained, you will realize that motorsports tig welding is not anything special. Quality tig welding, however, is special.
        Very well put.

Comment

Originally posted by Aerometalworker View Post
          Not that I am aware of outside of some technical schools ( i.e. Hot Rod U ). The big issue I have with welding companies teaching classes, is that they are naturally biased to whatever technology they are selling. Remember, their classes are a form of advertising. Lincoln management likes to play this game of "teaching" and promoting themselves as the "welding experts". The problem is, as mentioned, they push THEIR technology, even if another technology is better for a given application, just because they sell it. They have been caught on several occasions giving out bad advise, or advise on a subject they have no experience or authority on. I for one applaud Miller for keeping it "professional" and not following the circus act of Lincoln at some trade shows.
          Not in uti's "hot rod u" curriculum unless they changed it since I went there in 04.

Dont get me started on that waste, I mean place.

Comment

http://www.jerrybickel.com/chassis-school.html
            http://www.thefabschool.com/

Comment

Working...
            X
            Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.