Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

newest build

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• newest build

just thought i would post some pics of some builds i have done recently....i did both of these for local builders....let me know what ya think

Last edited by t chassis; 01-11-2010, 02:53 AM.

Comment

what tube?

Hi,

you may have told us in an earlier post, if so could you repeat it please?

Could you tell us what tube you're using? Size and wall thickness? And what do you use to bend and notch?

could I inquire what area of the country are you located? I'm east of Sandy Eggo, if you're near by any chance of seeing it up close and personal?

Fred

Comment

i use alot of different tube size....1/2" 5/8" 3/4" 7/8" and 1 inch lol....just depending on what it is...i use different sizes for bracing and things, and for brake pedal ect....and i use .058 and .065 tubing although most of it is .058...and i live in west virginia....if i lived closer i would not have a problem with that no

Comment

Wow i am a half hour from WVa at the panhandle but you can't be that close just my luck. Nice work...Bob

Comment

Yup, looks like a good way to get yourself killed in a hurry...

At least if I was at the controls!!!!

Looks pretty cool.

Comment

Actually...

TC,

Are you in the "city" or the "hills"? I'm from Webster Springs, I have some property near Holly River State Park.

On the tube, what flavor do you use, HRW, DOM, 4130? What are you bending with?

And what do you do for sand, I don't remember any in the area?

Fred

Comment

i am frome parkersburg wv....about an hr from charleston....but i currently live right across the river in ohio.....about 5 mins from parkersburg....and i use molly on them....and i bend with a jd2 bender....nothing fancy its a manual bender but works very very well.....and there is no sand but these are built for strictly sand drags 300ft or less of a drag race....some tracks are dirt some are all sand some are a mixture of the two....fastest i have been in 300ft is 3.61 seconds at 90 mph....world record is 2.76 at 121 mph....thanks for your replys guys

Comment

So you are in Meigs County, Pomeroy area? Nice place there. My wifes family is from Longbottom...Bob

Comment

i would say prolly about 45 mins from there although we do race at the meigs county fair lol...

Comment

Looks good. It is nice to see another duner/racer. I have built a few ATV chassis myself (both suspended and rigid) and they are a lot of fun. Mike.

Comment

I noticed some larger gaps in the fit up of some of your tubes. Does this present a problem when welding or create a weak point in the structure?
                        Thanks,
                        Nick

Comment

I am glad to see some other atv guy's on here. That frame looks good! I am going to have some pics of a 16mm "DM" triple that's coming in next week.

Comment

I'm an ATV'r too, although much more sedate, with my '07 Suzuki LT-A400F Eiger.

Comment

ddm are you deafman on planetsand? just curious...and im not sure where you see the gaps in the fitups....although if there was a large gap yes it wouldnt be very easy to weld....

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.