Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

1964 Volvo p1800

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1964 Volvo p1800

Here is some pics of my car that i am working on. Right now i am doing the floor pan since it is rusted out. I plan to do the drivers side then move to the passenger side next. I cut out the bad stuff then welded in new, 18 guage sheet steel. It was my first time welding so i didn't know what to look for in a weld. I have since come across this website and it has helped me tremendously! I still am considering getting lessons, but i wonder if i can teach myself to get good, and develop my own technique? I have since cut out the steel and am going to weld in for the second time hopefully with better luck. Any help/advice/tips about my car and/or welding is greatly appreciated.

Sammy
    Attached Files

I've always luved that design...keep us posted on your progress...good going +100

Comment

I always loved the look of those old Volvos. Are you returning it to original?
      Also for auto sheet metal work you might want to look into ESAB Easy Grind filler metal (MIG), it's made specifically for autobody work.
      Good Luck

Comment

I'm thinking i want to keep it original as possible since there isn't many around these days. I am just a beginner at car rebuilds and welding, but it is something that has always interested me. I think i will get lessons in due course. Thanks for the info about the filler/grind jazz from ESAB.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Sammy; 07-18-2010, 10:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X
        Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.