Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mud rod

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mud rod

Thought I'd put up some pics of my mud truck. I will be building a new tube chassis this winter! Any input welcome and appreciated .
    Attached Files

Originally posted by TBAIRPAK View Post
    Thought I'd put up some pics of my mud truck. I will be building a new tube chassis this winter! Any input welcome and appreciated .
    ok now that is just bad@$$
    great looking truck. i love it
    even my gf said she wants one lol
    great pics
    take alot of pics of the chassis and pls post um here
    thanks
    gary

Comment

Looks like fun! Interesting Headers What are running for a powerplant?

Comment

It's a 521 ci Ford! Yea the pipes will be remade so they all come together at the end, to help scavenge. Those were made in a hurry but I like the way they turned out, just kinda fit the look!

Comment

It's a 521 ci Ford! Yea the pipes will be remade so they all come together at the end, to help scavenge. Those were made in a hurry but I like the way they turned out, just kinda fit the look!
          Well thats exactly why I was asking - not that I am an expert on the subject by any means I made a set of upright headers for a figure 8 car once without a collector and was told unless your running injection they actually hurt you. Don't know how true that is but I suppose coming from the source I'd have to beleive him. Regardless we kept them on there because they looked a lot better, but come up with something differnet on the next car. Keep the picture coming Take Care!

Comment

Zoomies have no scavenging. Without forced induction - a blower (fuel injection or carburation makes no difference), they do hurt your output in the lower-mid range. I'd even say they probably don't help you any with a blower, since scavenging benefits forced induction engines too.

They basically only work at top end, but you sacrifice everything else for that little window of minor gains.

Comment

Have I seen This Truck?

Are you in michigan? I have been to some mud bogs around the Howell area, and think i saw your truck before?

Comment

Suggestions:

Mud flaps?

Fenders?

All kidding aside, that just looks like fun.

Comment

i think it would look better with stacks (Exhaust stacks)
                  gary

Comment

I think I'm in the wrong forum
                    makes me want to do bad things again

that truck looks badass
                    reminds me of my lifted '78 ford all covered in mud

Comment

Your mud truck seems to be in good position, i think minimum weight of Truck & Driver must be 3000 lbs. Vehicles must maintain full exterior truck-appearing body.
                      No tubular chassis; must be built on full truck frame.
                      i hope to see more pictures in future

Comment

That thing looks cool as ****. I'd like to see closer pictures if you have any.

Comment

very nice

us guys in the north east think alike, i love that look, pics dont do justice, i cant tell whats under it for axles, gears, detroits/welded/ how big are the boggers, mayby a c6. thanks, kevin

Comment

Dont bring the little car with mud tires up in northern maine because you might cry when the real mud trucks come out to play. No just kidding looks good.

Comment

nh has some nice mud too

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.