Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Winter project

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winter project

Well it is cold and raining. I have to say it feels like winter. So does anyone want to share what their winter project is going to be?

Originally posted by DDM powersports View Post
    Well it is cold and raining. I have to say it feels like winter. So does anyone want to share what their winter project is going to be?
    Hopefully an 82 GL1100 restoration with some custom fab work added to it and a nice paint job (haven't decided on color or scheme yet though). Additionally get the garage all organized and a new welding bench and some new stuff from JD2.

Comment

Hopefully starting an early bronco project. Just trying to figure out if i want to buy a used frame or make one.

Comment

The last few weeks have felt like winter here, but it's finally nice today and suppose to be nice all next week. Good to see the farmers in the fields again so they can tear some more stuff up for me to fix

As far as projects - I was getting ready to start on an '80 3/4T Chevy 3+3 truck. Going to pull the cab and do a little fixin on it, blast the frame, replace the worn out 350 with a 468 Big Block, build a flatbed with underbody boxes, and of course paint. Going to use this truck to haul the race car and crew to the races next year. But, got a couple of utility trailers to build first, then a buddy brought his new Polaris Ranger over yesterday wanting a cab made for it - that will be a bit of a challenge I guess the truck is going to have to wait a few months....

Comment

well its in the upper 70s and sunny here
          i want to make a smoker this winter

Comment

projects

I have two more drag frames to build. Then I will build my 5 year old son a little drag bike. Hey Blondie_486 JD2's factory is about 30 mins from my house. I use to know a couple of guy from up their. I could go dig threw their scrap bins for you. LOL!!

Comment

ill be stretching and lifting a golf cart if I can find a good donor cart.

Comment

I have two more drag frames to build. Then I will build my 5 year old son a little drag bike. Hey Blondie_486 JD2's factory is about 30 mins from my house. I use to know a couple of guy from up their. I could go dig threw their scrap bins for you. LOL!!
                Cool deal!!! I need a tubing notcher, I was thinking of the Notch Master and Model 32 tube bender with hydraulics to start with!!! That should keep me busy for awhile building a chopper frame and some other projects.

Comment

Fix up the welding area in our factory.

Comment

Originally posted by youfoundtheking View Post
                    ill be stretching and lifting a golf cart if I can find a good donor cart.
                    I saw this on another forum. Looked like a good way to get a donor! LOL!
                    http://http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704107204574473724099542430.html[/URL]

Comment

Not much welding involved

But it looks like I'm going to be doing some work in my "musclecar". The Geo Metro has 200,000 on the odometer and it looks like it's going to need a valve job and new tin cans in the cylinder bores. Compression on #1 is down to 60#. At 45 MPG I gotta keep this thing on the road!

Edit: It snowed last week and is gonna be in the upper 80's tomorrow. Crazy stuff....

Comment

Winter?

It's 92 and Sunny

Probably do stuff that was too hot to do when it was "summer."

Golf sounds good.

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by davedarragh View Post
                          It's 92 and Sunny

Probably do stuff that was too hot to do when it was "summer."

Golf sounds good.

Dave
                          My thoughts exactely.Its still pretty warm here I havent checked but feels about like 80 maybe a little warmer.Its a great time in my neck of the woods to get things done.Mike

Comment

My winter project is to build a firewall. If I get that done and there's still some winter left I'll be fabbing mounts for a tilt front end.

Comment

A real engine would be alot cooler! LOL! Forced induction with a carb sounds really hard or really easy to tune which is it?

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.