Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Winter project

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Build a smoker to cook food while I build a welding table, build a pair of bi-fold wrought iron gates for the bay door in my shop ( don't want any uninvited guests when I am working late.

Comment

Originally posted by DDM powersports View Post
      A real engine would be alot cooler! LOL! Forced induction with a carb sounds really hard or really easy to tune which is it?
      I want to get the car as close to completion as I can before I buy an engine. At the rate I'm building I don't want it setting around collecting dust N' rust. Injection would be nice but they are making some pretty cool blow through carbs these days. I guess I'm just an old carb guy that's resistant to change.

Comment

Originally posted by pro70z28 View Post
        I want to get the car as close to completion as I can before I buy an engine. At the rate I'm building I don't want it setting around collecting dust N' rust. Injection would be nice but they are making some pretty cool blow through carbs these days. I guess I'm just an old carb guy that's resistant to change.
        That is a good move. About 10 years ago I made that mistake. Had a 468 BB Chevy built thinking the project would move right along quickly. Well, that motor sat for over a year while I attempted to finish everything else. In that 1 year span, others I know along with magazine articles were publishing combos that were putting out much more power than my motor, using different parts. Price was about the same.

For this car, I am doing what you are doing now, trying to get everything else done first with an idea of what motor I will run in the future, but waiting until I am real close to pull the plug on the motor.

Comment

Originally posted by pro70z28 View Post
          This from somebody cutting parts on a CNC machine...

Comment

Originally posted by kbraby View Post
            This from somebody cutting parts on a CNC machine...
            Yabutt' it's an old CNC.

Comment

WINTER PROJECT(antidepressor)

It's time to make a new stainless exhaust for this old girl:

Name:  c68eb08e76c1425f6b02520e8d57c3dc.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  45.4 KB

Comment

No Time for Projects !!!

Originally posted by Frank Motoweld View Post
                It's time to make a new stainless exhaust for this old girl:

Name:  c68eb08e76c1425f6b02520e8d57c3dc.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  45.4 KB
                Hey Frank;
                Lets hope we are TOO Busy for winter projects !!

............. Norm :

Comment

Originally posted by nfinch86 View Post
                  Hey Frank;
                  Lets hope we are TOO Busy for winter projects !!

............. Norm :
                  Yea but at $2200 for the full Termignoni exhaust system i would take the time to make my own anyway.

Comment

Freshen the engine and update the roll cage to meet the new safety regulations . . . 232.869 mph.

Comment

Originally posted by camnkris
                      carpetbagging badgers ftw
                      I don't quite understand about carpetbagging badgers and just what does "ftw" mean?

Comment

Been doing the calulations to build a small aluminium pontoon boat for the pond. A small 2 or 3 man size.

Comment

Speaking of Pontoons

It seems like these little Mini Kegs might make a nice,elegant and sophisticated pontoon inspired flotation device for the pool?........Or You might be a Redneck, If you save things like Mini Kegs for pool projects?Mike
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by crawdaddy View Post
                            It seems like these little Mini Kegs might make a nice,elegant and sophisticated pontoon inspired flotation device for the pool?........Or You might be a Redneck, If you save things like Mini Kegs for pool projects?Mike
                            And here I thought it was if you have an above ground pool and you can fish in it. Anyone want to go fishing in my back yard in the grandkid's pool????

Comment

Cant explain the badger comment...but FTW means For the win.

Leave it to us youth to change the slang on ya!

Comment

I'm going to start this weekend on something I should have started in August. I'm building an outdoor water stove to heat the house,and more importantly,my shop. This is related to motorsports,I need to work on my Jeep without freezing.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.