Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Plans for bumper mounted tire carrier...

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plans for bumper mounted tire carrier...

I was wondering if anyone had any plans for a bumper mounted tire carrier for a jeep. I have an '80 model. I would like to modify a bit. I like this style bumper, but I don't want to pay out the yin yang for one. I could fab it for less than half of what they charge for one I tink. So...Any help out there? Thanks.

Originally posted by Bigiron View Post
    I was wondering if anyone had any plans for a bumper mounted tire carrier for a jeep. I have an '80 model. I would like to modify a bit. I like this style bumper, but I don't want to pay out the yin yang for one. I could fab it for less than half of what they charge for one I tink. So...Any help out there? Thanks.
    Hmmm... I tink if you could fab it, then you could visualize something close enuff and it would be all yours

Comment

I (think) that I can...

I was mainly asking for help in the general area of the pivot. I'm not really sure what to use and wanted some help so I could see how others have done it. I was looking for a tight fit that would pivot easily and not be a rattling pile of steel that I would have to listen to. Thanks.

Comment

Are you wanting to fab a bumper and a tire carrier or just a carrier for your existing bumper?

I built a bumper and carrier, you can see it at my photobucket account along with a lot of other stuff for my '80 CJ-5. (http://s255.photobucket.com/albums/h...o4380/?start=0 ) In fact here's one pic. if you want more info, PM me.

Comment

Working...
        X
        Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.