Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

nice welds

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love how you think 9 out of 13 is some statistical extrapolation. We had 13 drill sergeants, 9 of them were Rangers. That number was explicit to my BCT company, where the CO was also a Ranger (who had also been through the ranks as enlisted prior to OCS). I'd have to make a list of all the others I've known. It started when I was probably 6 or 7 and I've worked with many over the 25 years since then.

I don't care that you feel the need to pack heat to work in your driveway. That just doesn't paint a good picture of how well your neighbors receive you, and you ain't exactly makin friends here either if you catch my drift.

Snappy come back? I'm just doing what you seem to claim you're doing - telling it how I see it. Maybe we're both wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by jdustu View Post
      Where did I attack you? Where did you prove me wrong? What did I "throw against the wall?" YOU told me I gave newbies a hard time. Blatantly false. You told me I won't give people their due. Blatantly false. And every point I made about you is pretty well documented in this thread and on this site. In the matter of logic, you fail.

You know what man, you win, I lose, and so If I say that can we just get back on to topic of the thread.

Comment

Originally posted by strictlycarved View Post
        Hey so i started Tig like 2 months ago. and just threw a bead down practice of course and welded it vert down. any pointers about how to improve. thanks.
        Holy $hit! A welding question on a welding forum...what a novel idea! Do you have a better pic, it's really hard to see. It does look like a dot of porosity in the middle? As suggested I would start a new thread and post a pic since this one has become a pissing contest.

Tom

Comment

Oh that dot was from my hand slipping i pulled the torch of from the bottom and i guess i wasnt paying attention and it struck an arc, but yea ill try to get a better pic, thanks for all the support this forum has really helped with my welding since im self taught. i just made friends with a local pipe welder and he is helping me get my structural cert i believe its a d1.1 not sure. but anyway thanks.

Comment

wow! Did this thread ever go from some beautiful welds into a ding-ding slingfest. Most forums I've been on (and I've helped create one myself) have an ignore feature. You two might see if there's one on here and use it because it appears it's just not getting let go of. Just a suggestion.

I hope to be able to weld as beautifully as those at the beginning of this forum someday and I believe with enough practice I will.

Cruz, I worked with spec ops for years, my father was a seal, my uncle is a seal, and one of my primary clients when I was in was 5th Special Forces Group out of Ft. Campbell. None of those guys talked much about business, they were all consummate professionals, and none of them ever seemed to think that killing makes a man of you, moreover it to them was something distasteful that needed doing to folks that most often richly deserved it, but definitely not something to brag about. Anyhoo I'm off to go buy some aluminum. I hope you gents enjoy the rest of your day.

Comment

Originally posted by UH60LCHIEF View Post

Cruz, I worked with spec ops for years, my father was a seal, my uncle is a seal, and one of my primary clients when I was in was 5th Special Forces Group out of Ft. Campbell. None of those guys talked much about business, they were all consummate professionals, and none of them ever seemed to think that killing makes a man of you, moreover it to them was something distasteful that needed doing to folks that most often richly deserved it, but definitely not something to brag about. Anyhoo I'm off to go buy some aluminum. I hope you gents enjoy the rest of your day.

I commend you for your rich family military background, and I respect all branches, but Im not sure if you read my post. I never glorified death or killing. I simply said that if it needed to be done, Id do it, no questions asked, no regrets. I never once tried to make it seem that killing is something to be talked about, nor glorified, but you do what your training has taught you, when god forbid the time comes to call. Please re-read my post, and not go off of the internet version of telephone. Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by crawdaddy View Post
                That cracks me up,I guess no one ever calls the competiton to see what their prices are? Only the stupid ones dont and they are the ones still doing work for prices set in the 1950s and complaining they have no money.people price shop all the time nothing wrong with that whatsoever.Business owners who want to stay in business make it a point to pay attention to their competiton.Mike
                14yrs in business "NEVER DONE IT ONCE"!!!Sorry don,t agree with ya,s there.

Comment

Originally posted by admweld View Post

So their is two sides of the spectrum after all! No not a miller spectrum

Comment

Originally posted by usmcruz View Post
                    So their is two sides of the spectrum after all! No not a miller spectrum
                    yeah the side with the knobs, and the side with the plug

Comment

Originally posted by dpansier View Post
                      Best welding I've seen on Aluminum, this guy is gifted.

http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/sh...=1282128&postc
                      I've seeing this link on other site, *****in welds...

Comment

Originally posted by admweld View Post
                        No need to apologize,I make it a habit to know what the going rate for my work is and to also find out what the most profitable things happen to be at the moment, I am a firm believer in charging the most the market will bear.Why work for less than what you can get? If you go to the auto parts store to buy a part do you think they have not checked what their competitors are charging for that same part? Of course they do and so do most other retailers,thats just business.Mike

Comment

I just wasted 10 minutes reading 8 pages of you few *****ing and saw about 5 pictures of welds. Some people are here to LEARN and don't care about your petty differences. GET THE F$$K over it.

Comment

If the 10 minutes...

were so important to you,Why didnt you just skip over what you didnt want to read? Who are you to judge and determine what people can discuss or politely argue about if they choose to do so? Mike

Comment

Originally posted by hotstreetvw View Post
                              I just wasted 10 minutes reading 8 pages of you few *****ing and saw about 5 pictures of welds. Some people are here to LEARN and don't care about your petty differences. GET THE F$$K over it.
                              Seriously. Call each other on the phone and talk ****. Keep it off this board.

Comment

Here's some of my welds....

TIG on 1/4" Cold Rolled steel

TIG on 1.75"x.120" DOM Mild Steel Tubing

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.